Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Traversing higher dimensions and the weirdness of it.

@zoldos so here's the thing.

I say variable, it's weird.

But the local speed of light is relative to the density of mass and by extension space/time in an area.

Light acts like it's experiencing drag by constantly changing state and bleeding off energy over time going between a particle and a wave as it travels at this limitation.

This has two consequences, the first is that the universe could be a bit younger than we thought or larger because the speed of light should be higher between galaxies than in them.

But also black holes don't have infinite mass.

In fact it's more accurate to say that the density of space time near them brings the speed of light lower than the escape velocity of the object.

If a black hole truly had infinite mass it would be eating more than they do constantly.

This in turn explains why galaxies often form around large ones, the bigger the black hole the larger the region of distorted space time and the lower the gravitational sheer relative to the object, in fact you could theoretically traverse the event horizon of a supermassive black hole and not instantly spaghettify.

This also has implications for the multiverse in that it it's self is a region of distorted space time, which means both movement speed and perceived time is slower inside the universe than outside of it. And it's slowly returning to its non singularity state, the density allowing for our laws of physics to work but not outside it.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Traversing higher dimensions and the weirdness of it. - by SpookyZalost - February 27th, 2021 at 5:44 PM