Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any GIMP users?
Sorry Dear I have no IDEAExclamationIdeaExclamation
For me GIMP can be a complicated Huh for basic functions.
Thanks given by:
I only have PSE. I'd love to have CS(whateverversionnumber)
Thanks given by:
(August 3rd, 2013 at 1:55 AM)forthwall Wrote: I never got the hand of GIMP, but I do have a portable version of it just in case I don't have PS on a computer.

Portable version...? Do you mean that you have the program installed on a laptop?

(August 5th, 2013 at 9:56 AM)Prashant Wrote: Sorry Dear I have no IDEAExclamationIdeaExclamation
For me GIMP can be a complicated Huh for basic functions.

It takes time to learn your way around the program. It was difficult for me when I started, but I kept at it and eventually learned the ropes. For now, just explore the tools that the program offers. Once you learned what X Y and Z are for, try creating something. Then, Google some GIMP tutorials and try those for the experience. After a couple of months, you'll be a little better, at least.

(August 5th, 2013 at 5:09 PM)cheesesc4 Wrote: I only have PSE.

What's PSE? PhotoShop Elements...?
Thanks given by:
yes Tongue
Thanks given by:
Portable version is the one version that has been formatted to fit on a USB drive.

http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pi...p_portable
Thanks given by:
Nice, I wasn't aware that there was a portable version. I'll have to stick it on my flash drive.

Of course I currently have an operating system on my flash drive. I'll have to get rid of that first.
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
I use a wacom stylus + drawing tablet I got off craigslist for like $25, but it's only compatible with gimp + linux... 0_o

anyway I've been using gimp and inkscape in combination to do graphics art for years now, it's my preferred every day driver and it works on everything even my amazon kindle fire tablet Big Grin

interestingly enough when my sister took a class in computer graphics art a couple years ago they trained them on gimp not photoshop lol
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by:
i used to use it, the portable version...but i rather go with paint.net program...its much lighter in comparision to the almost 1GB file size of gimp
Thanks given by:
(June 5th, 2018 at 12:43 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: interestingly enough when my sister took a class in computer graphics art a couple years ago they trained them on gimp not photoshop lol

Didn't want to pay for PS licenses. :Tongue

I'm all for it though, show people there are great free options out there!
Thanks given by:
paint.net is fine but I've yet to really beat the multi-OS combination of gimp and inkscape.

besides gimp works with my wacom bamboo out of the box lol.
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by:
I use GIMP
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gimp Brush - Help Guardian 4 754 June 22nd, 2018 at 8:50 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Logo design - Inkscape or Gimp? Father Apple 7 4,451 May 16th, 2018 at 11:44 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost