Welcome, guest! We are a creative arts/general discussion community, and welcome guests and members alike to participate in our discussions. While registration is not required to post, we strongly recommend considering an account with us, as it a quick, free, and easy way to fully utilize all of the features on our forum. We hope you enjoy your stay!

Poll: Logo design - Inkscape or Gimp?
This poll is closed.
Inkscape
60.00%
3 60.00%
GIMP
40.00%
2 40.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Logo design - Inkscape or Gimp?
Both are popular graphics design utilities with a different purpose. The GIMP is an all in one suite designed to suit many purposes, where Inkscape is particularly suited for logo design, but may not have some of the features of the GIMP.

So for logo design purposes, which do you prefer?
[Image: makestation_submatrix31_5.png]
Together, we can make something awesome...
Thanks given by:
Ah, accidentally voted wrong. Inkscape.
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
Thanks given by:
I agree, Inkscape seems to do the job well when it comes to logo design.

(June 17th, 2013 at 6:15 PM)t3haco link Wrote: Ah, accidentally voted wrong. Inkscape.

I've now set it to allow users to change their votes.
Thanks given by:
Inkscape for me too.
Err what do I put here?<br /><br />I like Minecraft? I play Minecraft? <br />I play Sim City 4? I play Sim City 4?<br />I also don't like democracy! Wink
Thanks given by:
I actually use both in combination.
Inkscape for graphics scaling and whatnot, gimp for effects and layering and stuff.

when working on a project using both it's really very powerful and the outcome is a beautiful logo that fits all screen sizes.

plus inkscape is great for upscaling and resizing images without image distortion or pixelation issues.
Thanks given by: brian51
I think it's fair I add a couple more things, I use inkscape and gimp because I do my logo design and graphics work in linux, it's compatible with my wacom bamboo without issues unlike windows 8.1...

it is nice to be able to draw on the screen, in gimp, import the layers into inkscape and scale as needed to fit what I want then import/export back into gimp for the final touches and effects.
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by: Darth-Apple
(May 14th, 2018 at 12:08 PM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I think it's fair I add a couple more things, I use inkscape and gimp because I do my logo design and graphics work in linux, it's compatible with my wacom bamboo without issues unlike windows 8.1...

it is nice to be able to draw on the screen, in gimp, import the layers into inkscape and scale as needed to fit what I want then import/export back into gimp for the final touches and effects.

That's an interesting combination, I like it. The best of both worlds. Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Indeed, Especially given it's cross platform, and well... Free lol.

Glory to he who creates without having to serve the corporations who so hungrily scale prices to be unreachable for the everyman.
[Image: oEirbE7.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gimp Brush - Help Guardian 4 268 June 22nd, 2018 at 8:50 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Any GIMP users? Darth-Apple 23 13,269 June 5th, 2018 at 9:10 PM
Last Post: Guardian