Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Most underrated books

It goes without saying that the bestsellers list isn't a bad place to start when it comes to quickly vetting books that might be interesting. If I'm not lying, most of the books I read are probably either from the bestsellers list, or they are too specific in niche to get that kind of an at-scale audience. They're easy to find, and they're usually pretty good. 

It has, however, also had me wondering about the lesser-known circles of the writing world (a world I know very little about). How many excellent books, fiction or nonfiction, never had the kind of audience to get that level of attention? And of course, a quick stroll through a library (or these days, a few searches on the Amazon Kindle Store) shows that there are far more books that have been written than a Barnes and Noble can really give me a fair comprehension or appreciation of. 

What are some of the less-popular (but heavily underrated) books that you've read, and what makes you recommend them?

Messages In This Thread
Most underrated books - by Darth-Apple - December 21st, 2022 at 8:15 AM
RE: Most underrated books - by tc4me - December 21st, 2022 at 12:14 PM
RE: Most underrated books - by Guardian - December 22nd, 2022 at 12:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How many books do you read in a year? Darth-Apple 18 29,287 November 28th, 2019 at 7:47 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  What kind of books do you like writing? bench91 6 9,873 April 20th, 2019 at 8:02 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Fantasy books derailed 9 12,224 February 22nd, 2019 at 1:10 AM
Last Post: Guardian
  Do you think books are overpriced? Darth-Apple 20 36,814 September 1st, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Last Post: Agandl