Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[software development] File exchange software

Progress has been continuing. I am still working hard on restructuring existing code and on removing bugs as quickly as possible. I'm also working on making the framework modular, which will mean fully restructuring nearly 5,000 lines of existing, functional code. The advantage is that I will be able to add a new page or section without editing 12 different functions, duplicating unnecessary code, or anything else. The system will be much easier to develop once that's complete, but it will be a tedious process.

As I was reading through previous "release" notes, it (embarrassingly) became apparent to me that POC #2's installer did not even work. Other attachments did not have working installers either, and I believe that there was only one that did work properly. The code, even in its proof-of-concept phases, is simply not ready for release, and I have thus decided to remove all existing attachments from this thread until I am able to fully debug the code, installers, etc...

The original plan was to release POC release #3 this Wednesday. However, as I have coded more and more into the system, the need to restructure has become more apparent. Given the new developments that are in place, it could be as late as the last week of February or early March before the next POC release is out. We shall see.

Anyway, stay tuned for more information. I do plan on releasing the next proof-of-concept release in the near future, and if you would like to help test, please feel free. The more feedback that comes in, the better Tongue

Messages In This Thread
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by lookforuu - September 20th, 2013 at 6:34 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 29th, 2014 at 7:49 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 31st, 2014 at 12:02 AM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Darth-Apple - February 3rd, 2014 at 6:59 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by brian51 - February 18th, 2014 at 1:20 AM