Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[software development] File exchange software

The project has been on a bit of a hiatus lately due to the fact that I have been quite busy with other projects, but plans to resume full time development are in the works. I have decided that in an effort to keep this project as useful as possible for admins, I will keep the feature set rather small, focusing insetad on making sure that what is included in the core package is as solid as possible. Most of the core features are already complete, so it's really just down to finishing a few final things, and then of course cleaning up and theming the whole thing. Of course if the product becomes popular, I'm sure users will create their own addons, so keeping the initial package small makes sense in many respects.

I have also decided to drop plans for integration with phpBB down the road. Unfortunately, phpBB's mod system is not really a mod system at all, and the way that it is designed makes it extremely difficult to design mods or "hacks" for them. For that reason, it simply is not practical to continue plans at phpBB integration. The official mod site for phpBB's code is up on github, and it would be much easier to modify that to suit needs than to use something that, by design, cannot easily be integrated.

I am beginning to draw plans for a MyBB version, however. The nature of the project will probably require two separate versions, one for MyBB and one as a standalone project, but I do feel that it will be worth it to do the second version for MyBB.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Darth-Apple - August 12th, 2013 at 5:16 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by lookforuu - September 20th, 2013 at 6:34 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 29th, 2014 at 7:49 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 31st, 2014 at 12:02 AM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by brian51 - February 18th, 2014 at 1:20 AM