Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[software development] File exchange software

Thanks for the feedback. Big Grin

Update:

Most of the work that I have done in the last week is code cleanup. I realized as I was coding the profile system that my code was extremely messy and was not even indented correctly. This is something I have begun to work on. I don't expect all files to be indented by the next release, but my hope is that my code will be more readable, both by myself and by those who wish to contribute to the development. (Remember that you can always contribute to the development by downloading the proof-of-concept releases and testing them out on your own server or localhost. WAMP is a great free utility that installs a localhost on your own computer. )

XML and XHMTL

Due to the fact that HTML5 is becoming the way of the future, I have decided not to convert the existing HTML into XHTML. It would be very time consuming at this point, and provides no real advantage other than the adherence to strict standards that are becoming outdated. As it stands now, the project is HTML4, but I am now planning the conversion to HTML5 to keep the software as bleeding-edge as possible as technology rapidly evolves.

Profiles
User profiles are progressing nicely. So far they are pretty simple, but they offer the ability for users to share a little about themselves, and every user's profile will have a page listing all of their uploads. Big Grin

Moderator tools

Some users of the software may prefer automated publishing (mods go live as soon as they are uploaded), but other use scenarios may have needs where mods will be approved before they go public. This functionality has not been coded yet, but will be coded very soon.

I will be going out of town a lot during the month of July. I do hope to have a much more solid proof-of-concept release out by the very end of July, however. Big Grin Remember to leave any suggestions you may have here. Development is still early enough for me to implement ideas and suggestions. Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
Re: [software development] File exchange software - by Darth-Apple - June 29th, 2013 at 7:32 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by lookforuu - September 20th, 2013 at 6:34 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 29th, 2014 at 7:49 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 31st, 2014 at 12:02 AM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by brian51 - February 18th, 2014 at 1:20 AM