Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone else think 16GB of disc space is a bit much for Windows 8

(August 22nd, 2013 at 2:38 PM)simlink Wrote: Well when most modern games take up over a GB of disk space, the OS is bound to take up more.
And seeing as iOS take 6-8GB,
I'm not surprised by how much space W8 takes up.

Android takes up a good chunk of space too.
I'm not sure if it consumes as much as iOS, but Android 4.2.2 consumes a good amount of the 16GB of storage from my Nexus 7 tablet.

(August 22nd, 2013 at 8:49 PM)Agandl Wrote: It isn't even as if it has made Windows so wonderful. It is certainly not that intuitive to use - I know lots of people are reluctant to have anything new but a friend was really grumbling about it today.

It doesn't bug me when I'm installing the operating system on a desktop or laptop because I normally purchase those bad boys with a lot of storage space (plus it's possible to upgrade, unlike with average Joe and a tablet). If the Windows 8 tablets have microSD card slots, then I'd be fine. I think filling up the internal memory will slow it down, so that's not something I'd recommend.

(August 23rd, 2013 at 11:07 PM)cheesesc4 Wrote: Link... some modern games take up well over 10GB of disk space. I find it ridiculous, but to be honest I think it's more reasonable for a game to use that much space than an OS. Linux can pull it off at 500MB or lower for very bare-bones distributions such as arch....

Yeah. A lot of PC games consume a lot of storage. Skyrim takes up 6GB of storage according to Steam. It's a large game and I don't mind keeping it on my PC. Then again, I have over 400 GBs so it doesn't really matter. However, full virus scans are a pain, lol (can you say "long wait" again?)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else think 16GB of disc space is a bit much for Windows 8 - by Marc - August 25th, 2013 at 5:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone else think Firefox is going through new versions a bit fast? Darth-Apple 3 7,692 December 27th, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Last Post: zoldos