Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone else think 16GB of disc space is a bit much for Windows 8

Yeah. It's a lot. I only found out about the space when I heard that Microsoft's Surface tablet consumes around 16GB of storage space. It comes with 32GB out of the box, so that's half of your storage gone. If I remember correctly, a lawyer even sued Microsoft because of this, in the name of false advertising. I'm not sure who won or lost, but I'm sure Microsoft got away with it because it's known that the OS will consume a certain percentage of a device's storage space (for example, the iPad's iOS consumes around 6-8GB of storage space).

I never really looked at how much disk space Windows XP and Windows 7 consumed. I always purchase computers with over 300GB of storage space. The laptop that I'm currently using has around 600-700 GB of storage space, so I think I'm safe if I ever need to upgrade to Windows 8. However, I most likely will not upgrade because my laptop does not have a touchscreen and that good ol' "START" button is my best friend, lol.

(May 26th, 2013 at 7:11 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Of course we'll probably have new features to look forward to as well, but seriously, I think there comes a point where enough is enough Tongue

I honestly do not think it'll cross 60 GB anything soon. I think Windows 8 Pro consumes about 20GB. Again, I'm not sure. I discovered the number from a quick Google search, so don't blame me, xD

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone else think 16GB of disc space is a bit much for Windows 8 - by Marc - August 21st, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone else think Firefox is going through new versions a bit fast? Darth-Apple 3 7,693 December 27th, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Last Post: zoldos