Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Wanderers In Time

Thank you, aco and DA.

Wanderers In Time - Entry 10
At that moment, the two thornax interrogating the Grandfather left him in the room alone. Blaring sirens began sounding all throughout the entire tower as Thornax moved throughout the tower to stop the intruders, the people who broke into the Machine. However, at ground level, the sirens were not heard and the building appeared entirely empty.

"Do you really think this is a good idea?" one of the men asked another.
"I won't be satisfied until I know more about that ship." he replied.
"Ship? How do you know it's a ship?"
"Well, did you see all of the control panels and things? That obviously has to do something. That is some sort of vehicle, whether you like it or not. Now let's get moving."
He whispered to himself, "That crazy idiot.. he's not fit to lead us."
Then, the leader who started the expedition turned around, and pointed a pistol at the man.

The Grandfather scrambled to try to find a way out. The thornax approached the door, and it opened for them. This obviously didn't work for the Grandfather. He continued searching for any controls within the room which could operate the door, but to no avail.

Matthew asked, "Who are they going after?"
Emily told him, "Well, I'm in the dark as much as you are."
"How can those beings carry off the Machine anyways? They don't have the means of doing so."
"I wish I knew the answer to that question. All I remember was seeing something massive approaching behind me, and a second later, I blacked out. I don't remember anything else."
"Something.... massive?"

The leader of the men slowly walked forward with his pistol pointed straight forward toward him. Then, one of the women of the group came up behind the leader with a large chunk of cement which had fallen from the lobby ceiling, which she quietly raised up above the leader's head.

"So you're saying that you heard something, looked behind you, and there was a giant flying robotic creature behind you accompanied by thornax?"
"Um... I'm afraid so."
"Oh, Grandfather, WHY did he have to take us off Earth, he knew we were safe there..."
"More to the point, why did he kidnap us?"
"Now let's not be accusing people of things. Believe me, I tried to convince him otherwise."
"So he's not going to take us back."
"I think he will, but does it look like he can now?"

After those words, Matthew gave Clara an angry glare.

"So you think you'd make a better leader, huh?"
"I think I would, yes"

At that moment, the man jumped out of the way right as the leader fired his pistol. In that same moment, the woman hit the leader over the head with the cement block, causing him to fall to the ground.

Grandfather continued searching around the interrogation chamber for something he could use to open the door, but to no avail. However, within the drawer of an old desk, he found a strange small gadget half of the side of his hand, with a single large red button in the center. He pressed the button, and the device began beeping continuously, as if it was transmitting a signal.

"Look, Matthew, I'm just as afraid as you are. But what can we do?"
"Okay, I'm done discussing it. You won't listen."
"I'm sorry his behaviour had to be so irrational. But we will go back to Earth. Just believe that we will. He can't keep you forever like this, after all."
Matthew looked at Clara with a smile and told her, "I guess I'm just not the adventuring type like you are."
"Heh, well you sure look the type."
"How so?"
"Well, messy hair, you seem big and rugged... it looks as if you've done your share of adventuring too."
"I suppose you could say that. I took a lot of hiking trips up in the mountains back on Earth."
"Otherwise you probably wouldn't be here, right?"
"Well, yes." Matthew said with a chuckle. They both smiled and stared intently at each other, until they both realized that Emily and Peter were watching them and listening to their conversation.

"Are you okay? Do you need help?"

The man was unconscious. It seemed that he jumped too late.

"Is he alright?" Another one of the men asked.
"I don't know. He's entirely unconscious."

Just then, the leader attempted to struggle back to his feet. He shouted, "You fools!" He reached his pistol. "You utter FOOLS! You will regret this you little sons of..." And at that moment, the woman hit him over the head with the cement block once again. This time, he died.

The gadget the Grandfather had continued producing the beeping sound. As he moved toward the door, the beeping grew in strength, and then it slowly opened. "A magnet.", he told himself. After cautiously looking both directions and confirming that there were no thornax nearby, he carefully tip-toed down the passageway. Toward the end of that particular hall way, he saw the cell where the others were located. He began running toward the room, but six thornax came out of another passage, and surrounded him, with their weapons pointed.

"It's safe to say that I don't have the spirit of an adventurer either", said the tall, middle aged Peter, wearing a blue suit and a blue bow-tie.
"So, Peter, who are you, anyways? Perhaps we should get to know eachother at this opportunity." Emily suggested. She was a young blonde in her late teens.
"I was a desk jockey at the North Grove Police Department. That's a city at the base of Wolf Mountain.
"Me and Emily both go to school together. And as for you, Clara?" Matthew said.
"I'm afraid I can't relate to you fellows. I'm a Time Master from Ros. A long-time friend of the Grandfather. He took me with him on his adventures when he left the School of Time and Reality in the capital city of Dres."
"So... we have an alien among us!" Peter said cheerfully while chuckling. "So, we're all friends now.. in time."
"We definitely are." replied Clara.

Back in the hallway, the Grandfather was surrounded by thornax.
"Take him to the cells."
"I will arrange for his execution."
"No. He is to be interrogated first. Then he will be executed. Now, you human, follow me NOW!"
"I already said I wasn't a human, I'm a..."
"SILENCE! One more word and you will be destroyed. Now walk ahead of me now!"

Messages In This Thread
Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 30th, 2013 at 11:52 PM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by brian51 - August 31st, 2013 at 12:07 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - August 31st, 2013 at 12:51 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 31st, 2013 at 2:12 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - September 1st, 2013 at 12:56 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - September 1st, 2013 at 3:20 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - September 4th, 2013 at 9:15 PM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - September 6th, 2013 at 2:47 AM
RE: Wanderers In Time - by Darth-Apple - September 7th, 2013 at 4:13 AM