Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Eminem said he doubted ....

Eminem said he doubted he'd release any more music past 50 as he celebrates milestone birthday today

Eminem has hit the big 50 today (17 October) but as he celebrates his milestone birthday, his career as a musician could be over.

Well, at least according to previous comments made by the rapper, the now 50-year-old hinted that he may stop putting out music after hitting the big 5-0.

From Here

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
He's made his money. Time to rest easy and life of the earnings. At least that's what I would do.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guardian's post:
  • tc4me
Yes he could, but not me :-(

There are some music styles that are primarily meant to reach a teenage audience, in practice you can't stay in the loop forever looking natural and cool.

He probably felt this coming and decided to retire. I also remember many punk "stars" feeling ridiculous about themselves and out of place in times past, self forcing to retire. In many cases also they do it to not betray their own beliefs, as they were seen more a part of a grassroots movement and quite anti business. That was a huge thing back then in the western popular music scene, the thought they could be accused of being a "sellout" by enough amount of the young audience.

Others less successful musicians have managed to navigate the line between making ends meet and not becoming a laughing stock for old fans, in what I consider a difficult career journey.
(February 28th, 2023 at 9:46 PM)cuchillo_baishan Wrote: There are some music styles that are primarily meant to reach a teenage audience, in practice you can't stay in the loop forever looking natural and cool. 

He probably felt this coming and decided to retire. I also remember many punk "stars" feeling ridiculous about themselves and out of place in times past, self forcing to retire. In many cases also they do it to not betray their own beliefs, as they were seen more a part of a grassroots movement and quite anti business. That was a huge thing back then in the western popular music scene, the thought they could be accused of being a "sellout" by enough amount of the young audience.

Others less successful musicians have managed to navigate the line between making ends meet and not becoming a laughing stock for old fans, in what I consider a difficult career journey.

But there are musicians and their music that are simply timeless and forever, Beatles. Rolling Stones, , ... Music of the 60-80s in general

(March 1st, 2023 at 5:34 AM)tc4me Wrote:
(February 28th, 2023 at 9:46 PM)cuchillo_baishan Wrote: There are some music styles that are primarily meant to reach a teenage audience, in practice you can't stay in the loop forever looking natural and cool. 

But there are musicians and their music that are simply timeless and forever, Beatles. Rolling Stones, , ... Music of the 60-80s in general

I agree it does not matter at all, about the artists you are mentioning. But there was a time the Rolling Stones were derided as "show business" among a whole generation and extremely uncool to listen to.

Hell, even Miles Davis was accused of many nasty things -fairly or unfairly- by the jazz public. It sounds ludicrous now, but it was a reality.

Maybe in 20-30 years time, some hip hop artists attacked today -for their music- will be appreciated in a different light...it's just how popular culture works. Amusing to watch.
50 years old... He doesn't even look it. Huh
Hällt sich so wie ich , immer Jung  Big Grin