Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Informational] Zalost's general guide to cables and how to make them.

(January 8th, 2023 at 4:22 PM)Guardian Wrote: LOVE THIS!

I know people like stranded, but as a hobby-scrapper I prefer solid core. Tongue Thankfully the electric repairs I do in my houses are all solid core and I have no waste. Dealing with stranded is immensely easier to work with in installations, but you lose clippings of some strands when trying to save clippings for the scrap pile. Its miniscule, but I hate waste. Tongue

Ya I know what you mean, always little bits of stranded core flaking off lol.  But it all really comes in handy.  Feel free to check out the two additional sections btw which cover wire splicing and making terminal lugs and connectors.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpookyZalost's post:
  • Guardian

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Informational] Zalost's general guide to cables and how to make them. - by SpookyZalost - January 10th, 2023 at 7:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Informational] The 7 basic logic gates (repost) SpookyZalost 0 1,050 July 15th, 2021 at 9:32 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  [Informational] How to read Resistors. SpookyZalost 0 1,236 April 10th, 2021 at 12:45 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Console Modding: RGB modding old consoles part 1: Cables. SpookyZalost 6 9,021 February 27th, 2018 at 3:39 AM
Last Post: brian51