Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Unrealistic Ideas Thread

Figured that for the more visionary/brainstorming types, many of us will have probably come up with more than a few ideas that weren't quite realistic. Dreams we hope will come true, but that aren't quite possible with today's technology. Goals that are lofty but that we've failed at before, and the list goes on. 

It's not always depressing to think about these ideas, even if they aren't entirely feasible. Science fiction is a big genre! Figured I'd create a thread for all of the lofty visionary ideas that folks have had that didn't quite prove to be as feasible (yet) as hoped. 

I'll start: I wanted to create a replacement for lithium ion battery technology in EVs. Quickly realized I wasn't nearly well versed enough in chemistry to make that happen (if even the smartest people in the world are scratching their heads, I certainly wont be the one to figure it out Tongue)

I wouldn't discount it yet. there's a carbon one in the wings that is poised to make lithium ion an under performing gimmick by comparison.

unrealistic ideas... I wish I had more resources because I'd pay a group of scientists to try and make a larger higgs field and create a working warp ship... pull a zephram cochrane as it were.

this one is slightly more realistic... before terraforming mars we should build a basic dyson swarm first. it'd make turning mars into a livable world a hell of a lot faster and easier.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SpookyZalost's post:
  • Darth-Apple
Ideas buzzing around in my head, drive technology, like you are both, on the one hand, drive technology in space and on earth, actually we all think of the same in principle

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!