Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tesla Model S Plaid caught fire while driver was at the wheel, says fire chief

Autopilot worries me a bit. It's not that I don't believe the technology could succeed. It's very likely that it will evolve to be safer and less dangerous than an actual human driver.

But in the event of any sort of error, the lawsuits will be so immense that it could crush any hopes that the technology might have.

Tesla is very ambitious and they succeed at many of the things they attempt, but there are a lot of things they will need some sort of legal waiver for in order to really be able to push themselves to their limits. The battery technologies, however, are very important. Right now, lithium ion batteries are potentially dangerous, prone to degredation, and are extremely expensive for the kind of capacity required for electric cars.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tesla Model S Plaid caught fire while driver was at the wheel, says fire chief - by Darth-Apple - August 29th, 2021 at 3:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump posts video from his motorcade while en route to New York for his arraignment tc4me 8 3,202 May 20th, 2023 at 6:32 PM
Last Post: tc4me
  Tesla's Self-Driving will run over a child on a school crosswalk tc4me 2 1,405 February 17th, 2023 at 6:11 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  Tesla's 'Full Self-Driving' Absolutely Cannot Handle Snow tc4me 3 1,759 January 8th, 2023 at 4:11 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH TESLA tc4me 9 5,179 December 31st, 2020 at 9:23 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost