Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

FTX Fiasco

As a lot of folks probably already know, SBF (Sam Bankman-Fried) was recently extradited to the US to face fraud charges following the FTX Fiasco. Many customers have lost a substantial amount of money from the exchange's collapse, and it's unclear when (or if) these funds will be returned. 

It's fairly clear that SBF is guilty, and will likely be found guilty by the courts when his case goes to trial. What's less clear is what this means for the rest of the crypto industry. FTX is not the first exchange to collapse in this fashion, and it will almost certainly not be the last. 

What are your thoughts on FTX, and on the rest of the crypto industry as a whole?

Definitely makes people think twice before jumping on the pump and dump schemes or unproven crypto exchanges.
(December 23rd, 2022 at 10:23 PM)Guardian Wrote: Definitely makes people think twice before jumping on the pump and dump schemes or unproven crypto exchanges.

Yep. Apparently Voyager went under too, and that one is actually one I've heard of a lot. I installed it and almost purchased crypto on it, but their long waitlist would never let me through. In hindsight, I'm glad. I would have lost money otherwise. 

Hopefully Robinhood and Gemini don't go under. Those seem to be doing much better, comparitively speaking.

Some of them found only a new method to bring others to their money

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
[-] The following 1 user Likes tc4me's post:
  • Darth-Apple
(December 24th, 2022 at 3:24 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Yep. Apparently Voyager went under too, and that one is actually one I've heard of a lot. I installed it and almost purchased crypto on it, but their long waitlist would never let me through. In hindsight, I'm glad. I would have lost money otherwise. 

Hopefully Robinhood and Gemini don't go under. Those seem to be doing much better, comparitively speaking.

I closed my Robinhood after they were restricting trades when it benefited them.

I still have some stuff in Gemini... so I guess same.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guardian's post:
  • Darth-Apple