Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Volkswagen Electrical Issues

@tc4me yes and no.

it is in fact possible if you put a relay in the circuit providing power to the control unit from the fuse box.

just have the relay get it's signal from the ignition's output state (generally the aux line will do).

it won't matter what the control unit is doing because no power will get to the fan until the car is on avoiding battery drain and that's what I recommended darth do, similar to how I linked the additional electrical cooling fan on my jeep to the other so they both use the same control sensor but have separate power circuits.

when one is on, it triggers the relay to pull power from the battery and feed the other, thus the sensor controls both.

just adapting this circuit to read it's on/off signal from the ignition and putting it inline further back in the circuit to the power output from the fuse box means that the sensor won't be able to pull power until the ignition provides power to the relay closing the circuit and providing power along that lead.

Deutsche Übersetzung
[spoiler]
Ja und nein.

Es ist tatsächlich möglich, wenn Sie ein Relais in den Stromkreis einbauen, das die Steuereinheit über den Sicherungskasten mit Strom versorgt.

Lassen Sie das Relais nur das Signal vom Ausgangszustand der Zündung empfangen (im Allgemeinen reicht die Aux-Leitung aus).

Es spielt keine Rolle, was die Steuereinheit tut, da der Lüfter erst dann mit Strom versorgt wird, wenn das Auto eingeschaltet ist. So habe ich darth empfohlen, ähnlich wie ich den zusätzlichen elektrischen Lüfter meines Jeeps mit dem verbunden habe andere, so dass beide den gleichen Steuersensor verwenden, aber separate Stromkreise haben.

Wenn einer eingeschaltet ist, löst er aus, dass das Relais Strom aus der Batterie zieht und den anderen speist, sodass der Sensor beide steuert.

Wenn Sie diesen Stromkreis nur anpassen, um das Ein / Aus-Signal von der Zündung zu lesen, und ihn weiter hinten im Stromkreis an die vom Sicherungskasten ausgegebene Leistung anschließen, kann der Sensor erst dann Strom ziehen, wenn die Zündung die Stromversorgung der Zündung versorgt Relais schließt den Stromkreis und versorgt diese Leitung mit Strom.
[/spoiler]

@Darth-Apple so hey giving it some thought it might be a faulty engine temperature sensor.

is it one radiator fan or two?

if it's one central radiator fan it could be that it's not detecting the temperature properly and being triggered, if multiple and both fans are cutting off/on same thing

if it's just one out of two then it could be a faulty wire in one of them so bypass to control by the other fan using a similar circuit.

apparently the sensor is called an Intake Air Temperature or IAT sensor and is really easy to replace.

costs $16 at any auto parts store.

so try swapping that before you wire in the relay see if it stops it.

if not the relay will at least prevent the issue from occurring when the vehicle is sitting powered off.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Volkswagen Electrical Issues - by Darth-Apple - February 21st, 2021 at 9:47 PM
RE: Volkswagen Electrical Issues - by tc4me - February 21st, 2021 at 10:09 PM
RE: Volkswagen Electrical Issues - by SpookyZalost - February 22nd, 2021 at 5:28 AM
RE: Volkswagen Electrical Issues - by tc4me - February 22nd, 2021 at 6:46 AM
RE: Volkswagen Electrical Issues - by SpookyZalost - February 22nd, 2021 at 6:47 PM
RE: Volkswagen Electrical Issues - by tc4me - February 22nd, 2021 at 8:18 PM
RE: Volkswagen Electrical Issues - by SpookyZalost - February 22nd, 2021 at 8:41 PM
RE: Volkswagen Electrical Issues - by tc4me - February 22nd, 2021 at 9:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Car "Issues" Gmdykfuiygh66476 3 5,075 April 16th, 2018 at 5:22 AM
Last Post: Thomas