Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Greetings according to the time of day in the forum

Information 
Greetings according to the time of day in the forum

Hello Darth-Apple Hello folks, My question to you about my small adjustment in the forum, greeting after day / night time in the Mybb forum.
It was important to me not to generate it according to the server time, but according to the user-specific set time zone in the user Cp.
I managed to do that.
How far I have errors in the whole, I ask you to point out and to improve.

instructions:

####################################################
Code:
add you and you in the global language file English and German
]I have it right under (about line 38 be more or less) this
$l['welcome_current_time'] = "<strong>Current time:</strong> {1}";
HERE:

German:

$l['welcome_back_night'] = "<strong>Gute Nacht {1}</strong> - Letzter Besuch: {2}";
$l['welcome_back_morning'] = "<strong>Guten Morgen {1}</strong> - Letzter Besuch: {2}";
$l['welcome_back_day'] = "<strong>Guten Tag {1}</strong> - Letzter Besuch: {2}";
$l['welcome_back_evening'] = "<strong>Guten Abend {1}</strong> - Letzter Besuch: {2}";

english

$l['welcome_back_night'] = "<strong>Good Night {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}";
$l['welcome_back_morning'] = "<strong>Good Morning {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}";
$l['welcome_back_day'] = "<strong>Good Day {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}";
$l['welcome_back_evening'] = "<strong>Good Evening {1}</strong>. You last visited: {2}";

###################
then change the main directory global.php
###################

Code:
gobal.php

replace line 530:

$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $lastvisit);

replaced with:

//Begin Time welcome Tc4me
$uhrzeit = gmdate($mybb->settings['timeformat'],TIME_NOW + $mybb->user['timezone'] * 3600);
if ($uhrzeit >= 0 && $uhrzeit < 4) 
{
$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back_night, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $lastvisit);
}
elseif ($uhrzeit < 10 && $uhrzeit >= 4)
{
$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back_morning, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $lastvisit);
}
elseif ($uhrzeit <= 18 && $uhrzeit >= 10)
{
$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back_day, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $lastvisit);
}
  else//if ($uhrzeit >= 19)
{
$lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back_evening, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $lastvisit);
}
//End Time welcome Tc4me

Please take a look at that and if necessary, please improve it!

Greets Tc4me

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!
Greetings to you too!
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
Hey friends, I have now changed it to a switch instruction.

If you have the time, please post improvements :-) THANK YOU

Code:
//Begin Time welcome Tc4me
    $uhrzeit = gmdate($mybb->settings['timeformat'],TIME_NOW + $mybb->user['timezone'] * 3600);
switch ($uhrzeit) {
    case $uhrzeit <= 4:
    $lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back_night, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $timenow);
    break;

case $uhrzeit <= 10:
    $lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back_morning, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $timenow);
    break;

case $uhrzeit <= 18:
    $lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back_day, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $timenow);
    break;

case $uhrzeit <= 22:
    $lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back_evening, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $timenow);
    break;

default:
  $lang->welcome_back = $lang->sprintf($lang->welcome_back_night, build_profile_link(htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->user['username']), $mybb->user['uid']), $timenow);
}
//End Time welcome Tc4me

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!