Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Gamestop and Robinhood

I think Citron/citadel are idiots but they aren't the only ones guilty of this shady practice of short selling.

one thing you didn't mention is that the hedgefund broker didn't just shortsell, it wouldn't be that big a problem if they did because this is done to maintain a kind of balance.
They shortsold more than they had.

if you borrow 100% of the stock and shortsell 120% of it because you're greedy you really only need to give back that 100%, that 20% is pure profit on top of whatever profit you earned shortselling.

what's worse is they shortsold around 128% of the available stock meaning that with all these people buying low and refusing to sell they are liable for every single stock they borrowed including their profit margins.

their greed bit them in the arse and they are getting punished for it.

it gets worse though because they're raising a big stink and it's obvious that institutions like forbes, bloomberg, cnn finance, etc are biased because they're going out of their way to make citadel/citron out to be the victim in all this and the people on reddit are being displayed as monsters who act like degenerates and hack people...

those people on reddit bought the shares through completely legitimate means, by going to a stockbroker and saying I want to buy these stocks at current market value.

but now reddit is being called out as being a den of criminals and delinquents because a bad actor in the stock market flew too close to the sun and got burned.

that's not right either.

and before people start posting memes...
this one seems appropriate.
[Image: DbIL9GOl.jpg]
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Gamestop and Robinhood - by Darth-Apple - January 30th, 2021 at 3:39 PM
RE: Gamestop and Robinhood - by SpookyZalost - January 30th, 2021 at 6:24 PM
RE: Gamestop and Robinhood - by Guardian - January 30th, 2021 at 11:51 PM
RE: Gamestop and Robinhood - by Thomas - January 31st, 2021 at 1:50 AM
RE: Gamestop and Robinhood - by Darth-Apple - February 3rd, 2021 at 4:29 AM
RE: Gamestop and Robinhood - by Guardian - February 3rd, 2021 at 9:17 PM
RE: Gamestop and Robinhood - by Darth-Apple - February 4th, 2021 at 3:15 AM