Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Land Of Skyrim

t3haco - thank you!
Darth-Apple - The plot is partly written by the game itself, with some modifications. Thanks!

I woke up feeling refreshed and rested. I looked out my makeshift window upon the cloudy and foggy mountain, this stone structure atop it was called Bleak Falls Barrow.

[Image: 1.jpg]

I got out of bed and dressed myself, and when I did I noticed a small book on top of my dresser which caught my attention.

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

I continued to read, but it wasn't a very interesting book. But I sort of figured that I could figure out a tiny bit about what was going on from it, so I decided to read it later though I could just watch paint dry.

I went back into Riverwood and the destruction of Helgen was the only thing anyone was actually talking about. I went into the inn to ask about it but the innkeepers didn't feel comfortable discussing it openly. She did state however that a survivor of the attack lived in the village, and referred me to him. His name was Alvor.

By the time I arrived at Alvor and Sigrid's house, I suddenly remembered: the innkeeper said ATTACK. Who attacked Helgen? That was my main question. And why was I there during this attack? Impatiently, I knocked on the door and Alvor quickly answered.

"Oh, so you must be Cheesia Alleria, yes?"
"Yes. You must be Alvor?"
"Correct. Please, come in. We have important things to talk about."

[Image: 4.jpg]

I quietly stepped inside. Alvor sat me down at the kitchen table.

"So, what happened?," I asked.
"In short, a dragon attacked while the Imperials were preparing to execute you as well as Ulfric Stormcloak."
"Dragons? Alright than." I scoffed.
"Well, if it wasn't a dragon, than what WAS it?"
"Stormcloak army attack, perhaps?"
"How would that even be possible if Ulfric was under arrest and about to be beheaded?" replied Alvor
"Back up a second. They were preparing to behead us?"
"Yeah. They wanted Imperial rebels, but you were caught in the middle of a big arrest. You came home to Skyrim at a bad time I'm afraid. You were literally a second away from being killed had that dragon not attacked when it did. You, Ulfric, and some thief."
"Dragons? Are you joking?"
"Once again, what's your explanation?"
"Well, umm..."
"That's just it: you don't know. You just have to think you have an answer for everything, don't you."
"Perhaps, but why would it be a dragon? Haven't they been dead for thousands of years?"
"If the legends are true they were. But legends aren't always true, you know."
"I suppose. But still, it's unbelievable."
"Well, ask the Jarl of Whiterun."
"About what?"
"The dragon, of course."
"Now just WHY exactly did they arrest Ulfric?"
"Because of the war, remember? All thanks to that stupid treaty. Talos worship was outlawed. Eventually the Stormcloaks had to make a big deal out of it. Started arresting people and dragging them off in the middle of the night, because they held onto their shrines to Talos or openly worshipped him. Those fools plunged Skyrim, if not the entire empire, into chaos."
"Right. So what do you want me to do?"
"Me and all of Riverwood need a favor. Tell the Jarl of Windhelm that there's a dragon on the loose. It's likely lurking in the nearby mountains as we speak."
"And why can't you do it?"
"Because, I'm just too old. There's really no telling what thieves or wolves or bears will be walking about on the Riverwood-Whiterun road."
"Okay, and tell me again what you were doing at the execution?"
"I was helping to conduct it, remember? It was Imperials executing Stormcloaks."
"I see. So, tell me, if I'm your friend, than why the hell did you allow them to attempt to kill me when I did no wrong?"
"I had no choice. I had to obey the general's orders, which was to put you to death regardless. Fortunately for you, the dragon attacked when it did. You're the biggest miracle of the gods that I've ever heard of."
"Well, okay than. So when do you want me to go to Whiterun?"
"Now! It's still early enough in the day."

Alvor gave me various different foods because I barely had any coin. I then set off for Whiterun and within minutes this great city began coming into view. A beautiful city positioned directly in the center of a barren wasteland.

[Image: 5.jpg]

Some time later I approached the front gate of the city where a guard stopped me. Because of the dragon attack, the city was closed. Nobody was allowed in, or out. Fortunately, I managed to persuade the guard that I had news from Helgen. He cautiously allowed me inside afterward.

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

Just like Riverwood, there were discussions, fights, arguments, controversy, and gossip about the war and about the dragon attack. After eavesdropping on some to obtain information, and admiring the city's beauty, I made my way up the steps to Dragonsreach, the home of the Jarl of Whiterun.

[Image: 8.jpg]

[Image: 9.jpg]

The Jarl wished to speak to me personally about the news which I brought.

"A dragon attacked Helgen. It is still lurking in the mountains around Riverwood. Riverwood and its neighboring village are in immediate danger."
"This is very bad" replied the Jarl. "We need to send troops to Riverwood at once."
"But what about our OWN defense?" replied one of the court assistants.
"Our walls should be enough to defend against a dragon. Riverwood's walls are not. I will not stand by and let my people and my village be destroyed. Troops will be sent to Riverwood at once."
"Yes, sir."

[Image: 10.jpg]

I stood by watching as the Jarl prepared for his reply to me.

"You've done Whiterun a great service, and it will never be forgotten, my friend. You've potentially saved Riverwood from destruction, and I don't know how I could repay you."
"Well..."
"Now if you wish to assist further, our court wizard needs you to do something for him."

Before I could even say no, the Jarl began walking toward a side room. When we got there, the court wizard began speaking to me.

"I need you to find some stone tablet, which may contain vital information in my research about dragons."
"Umm, what?"
"It's deep in Bleak Falls Barrow. And when I say find, I mean go straight into Bleak Falls Barrow and retrieve it for me. It may or may not even be there."
"You're kidding right?" I scoffed.
"I'm not. You seem young and strong enough."
"And how do you know that there WAS a dragon attack in the first place?"
"You shouldn't doubt this. Just because you've never experienced the attack or weren't in Helgen doesn't mean there WASN'T a dragon and there WASN'T an attack."

I almost told him what happened, but I felt it would be best to just keep my mouth shut.

"So, for the sake of Skyrim and all of Tamriel, go into Bleak Falls Barrow and retrieve this tablet. Your payment will be very extensive if you do."
"Okay, fine than."
"Thank you so much. I will never forget you or your helpfulness in my efforts."

I walked out of Dragonsreach and when I did, I realized what I had accidentally gotten myself into. Delving deep into an abandoned tomb full of undead zombies and skeletons and other hazards. This should be fun.

As I started making my way home a thief demanded all of my possessions. This was on the base of the mountain outside of the city. My reaction was to simply slay the thief, which happened to be an Argonian. Argonians are these small lizard-men. In addition, there are elves, orcs, and cat men. What a strange world. The Argonian did possess a valuable red gem in his pocket, which I retrieved after he was dead. It would be very useful considering how poor I was in my current state.

[Image: 12.jpg]

By the time I arrived home, it was dark, so I decided to rest. It was a busy day, so I fell asleep quickly.

Messages In This Thread
The Land Of Skyrim - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 5th, 2013 at 1:10 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Acko - August 5th, 2013 at 1:19 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Darth-Apple - August 5th, 2013 at 1:22 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 5th, 2013 at 8:47 PM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Darth-Apple - August 6th, 2013 at 4:07 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 9th, 2013 at 2:10 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Darth-Apple - August 9th, 2013 at 6:55 PM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Acko - August 10th, 2013 at 2:19 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 10th, 2013 at 6:36 PM