Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

But who is guilty if an automatically driving car caused the accident?

Here is the current legal situation:

In Germany and some other countries, the legal situation is clear, because there is a three-pillar model consisting of driver, owner and manufacturer liability. The driver is responsible for the driving task and must, for example, constantly monitor the vehicle with partially automated driving functions and intervene in an emergency. If he does not fulfill his duty of care and thereby causes an accident, he is liable for the damage incurred as well as the owner. In addition, within the framework of product and producer liability, the manufacturer can be held liable for damage caused by a product defect.

##############

But then who is so stupid as the driver who takes responsibility for a not fully developed self-driving car? Like who is so stupid, buys one and plays a test object?

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!

Messages In This Thread
RE: But who is guilty if an automatically driving car caused the accident? - by tc4me - November 10th, 2020 at 1:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tesla's Self-Driving will run over a child on a school crosswalk tc4me 2 1,467 February 17th, 2023 at 6:11 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  Tesla's 'Full Self-Driving' Absolutely Cannot Handle Snow tc4me 3 1,838 January 8th, 2023 at 4:11 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  [Project] Watch a self-driving Roborace car drive directly into a wall tc4me 3 2,444 November 8th, 2020 at 6:20 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost