Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tuesday November 3rd who will President United States 2020

(November 6th, 2020 at 5:04 AM)tc4me Wrote: Good morning, Exciting Exciting, I find Biden especially funny, Typical like all challengers, He wants to do everything better, He would like to create more jobs, more for the health system, etc. BUT HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO IT ??? NO SINGLE PRECISE PLAN WAS GIVEN!

When politicians talk, phrases are not far away. After an unpleasant affair, they promise "ruthless clarification" and want to "relentlessly come to terms with the disaster" after an election defeat. They want to "shape the future" and after much back and forth they finally enter into a "resilient alliance" with the rival party in order to achieve "substantial results" for the "little people". They want to "make themselves honest" after defeat and "realign the guard rails of their actions" because there is "nothing to gloss over the fact" - "you have to be very clear" - that "things will be objectified as quickly as possible must "" to avert damage to the land ".

Politicians of all parties love such empty phrases and puns, with which they can talk a lot but have little to say.

"Full trust" shows a basic principle of many political phrases: The more you emphasize something, the more sensitive you should be, because overemphasis - we all know this from everyday language - hardly stands for sincere feelings, but sometimes for the opposite. According to Duden, phrases are rhetorical automatisms, i.e. terms that are used so inflationarily that they have become empty formulas from which hardly anything follows in terms of content.

I should note that detailed plans were given, and they are present on his campaign website. They didn't receive much attention in the media; however, they do exist: 

https://joebiden.com/joes-vision/

Of course, with Republicans holding the Senate, it's unlikely that the more ambitious plans are going to happen. My worry is that we'll end up with partisan gridlock with virtually nothing getting done (apart from the things that can be achieved solely through executive action) - but, I guess we'll need to wait and see.
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tuesday November 3rd who will President United States 2020 - by Kyng - November 8th, 2020 at 5:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FTC, 47 states file suits to break up Instagram and WhatsApp from Facebook Thomas 7 4,408 December 11th, 2020 at 4:53 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  After nine years, the United States flew into space tc4me 2 2,499 June 1st, 2020 at 1:38 PM
Last Post: tc4me