Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tuesday November 3rd who will President United States 2020

Yep, well said.

And the popular vote issue, you're right, it's been a lot more contentious lately. Certain states are predictable, some aren't, but in the technology age when everything is shifting, it seems that popular vote is losing more than it's winning. The mixed allocation system that Maine does is good because it splits the electors for the state based on the percentages of each candidate. So ultimately, the votes for the non-leading candidate still matter even if that candidate didn't win the state (because the state's electors are split and even the losing candidate gains electors for the state). Currently only two states do this, so I'm very surprised they aren't doing this more often. That would take care of a lot of the problems we see today with votes not mattering in many key states.

It's still extremely close. It's looking like Trump will lose PA (they're still counting mail in ballots and they have over 500K to go, with Trump only about 200K votes ahead at the moment). If Trump loses PA, Biden can confidently declare victory. But Navada is another one to watch if Trump holds on to PA. They've only counted 75% of the votes and it's extremely tight. It's only a state with 6 electors, but you're absolutely right, if it's a 264/268 election, Nevada could very well (in theory) decide the next president.

But Navada, I truthfully have not the slightest clue what they are doing. They've completely frozen vote counting for some very odd reason. Nobody has the slightest clue why. They just... aren't count them. I'm a little puzzled at this point, I suppose we will just have to wait and hear tomorrow. Finna

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tuesday November 3rd who will President United States 2020 - by Darth-Apple - November 5th, 2020 at 5:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  FTC, 47 states file suits to break up Instagram and WhatsApp from Facebook Thomas 7 4,409 December 11th, 2020 at 4:53 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  After nine years, the United States flew into space tc4me 2 2,499 June 1st, 2020 at 1:38 PM
Last Post: tc4me