Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Where are forums going in the 20s?

I think "Surviving, hopefully" is the best way to put it Tongue .

I've long since accepted that they aren't what they once were (and they're never likely to be), but they do still seem to have a loyal base. We'll probably also see a few people coming back after many years away, either because they've grown bored of social media or because they have more time on their hands.

Of course, this all depends on the continued existence of a forum software that can be maintained and kept secure. This in turn depends on it either being profitable to do as a business, or able to maintain a sufficiently large group of volunteers able and willing to do it for free. Given that we have no idea what technical or legal challenges will arise, it's hard to say whether either of these will be able to succeed.

I dunno. I don't see forums moving forward in the 2020s, but if the goal is merely 'survival', then I'm cautiously optimistic - at least in the short-to-medium term.
[Image: pkmb0Gv.png]

#ForzaJules 1989-2015

Messages In This Thread
Where are forums going in the 20s? - by Darth-Apple - October 21st, 2020 at 1:42 AM
RE: Where are forums going in the 20s? - by Guardian - October 21st, 2020 at 12:26 PM
RE: Where are forums going in the 20s? - by Kyng - October 21st, 2020 at 10:27 PM
RE: Where are forums going in the 20s? - by tc4me - October 22nd, 2020 at 4:29 AM