Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Would you Recommend DigitalOcean?

I used to use them for small projects back when my GitHub education pack offered it (it still does, if you want a code just let me know, good for about 10 months with a 5$ droplet)

Never had any issues with them. Not nearly as secure as AWS is by default where you need to generate a keypair and use that, and once you lose that keypair you're locked out. Instead, it sends a (plaintext) temp password for you to log into the droplet with SSH, then on first login prompts you to set up a new password.

So security-wise, it's not as rigid for authentication.

But hey. It's a cheap box and has great uptime. Their support documents are miles better than AWS IMO and everything is pretty easy to use overall. Haven't really gotten deep into it in terms of cloud services and microservices and whatever the f***, but overall it's worked for basic hosting pretty well.

Messages In This Thread
Would you Recommend DigitalOcean? - by Darth-Apple - April 15th, 2020 at 9:31 PM
RE: Would you Recommend DigitalOcean? - by Lain - April 15th, 2020 at 9:53 PM
RE: Would you Recommend DigitalOcean? - by Darth-Apple - April 15th, 2020 at 9:57 PM
RE: Would you Recommend DigitalOcean? - by s3_gunzel - April 15th, 2020 at 11:18 PM
RE: Would you Recommend DigitalOcean? - by Darth-Apple - April 15th, 2020 at 11:31 PM
RE: Would you Recommend DigitalOcean? - by s3_gunzel - April 16th, 2020 at 2:04 AM
RE: Would you Recommend DigitalOcean? - by Darth-Apple - April 16th, 2020 at 2:07 AM
RE: Would you Recommend DigitalOcean? - by Divya165 - March 19th, 2024 at 6:49 AM