Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Suggestions Needed

As sad as Sir Stirling Moss's death is, there's already a "Sports" sub-forum that covers it Tongue :
http://makestation.net/Forum-Sports

In fact, when I'm done with this post, I'll probably start a topic right there.

But, yeah, making a good layout is not easy, and the journals are a good example of that. Right now, we don't have all the journals in one place, because they're spread out among the art/media/writing forums. However, if we made a dedicated place for all the journals, then we'd no longer have all the art stuff in one place, and we'd no longer have all the writing stuff in one place (because we'd be moving the journals out of those forums, which would lead to the bizarre situation where "Writing journals don't belong under Writing"). There just isn't a perfect way to do it: it's all about making trade-offs between competing priorities.

I eventually decided that, if I had something that could be spread across multiple forums (which the journals are a good example of), then it might be better to use a thread prefix than a dedicated forum. So, my suggestion for the journals would be: either keep the current sub-forums, or replace them with a 'Journals' thread prefix (depending on which option best suits your particular needs)

Messages In This Thread
Suggestions Needed - by Darth-Apple - April 11th, 2020 at 10:48 PM
RE: Suggestions Needed - by tc4me - April 12th, 2020 at 11:13 AM
RE: Suggestions Needed - by Kyng - April 12th, 2020 at 11:43 AM
RE: Suggestions Needed - by tc4me - April 12th, 2020 at 12:03 PM
RE: Suggestions Needed - by Darth-Apple - April 12th, 2020 at 12:58 PM
RE: Suggestions Needed - by tc4me - April 12th, 2020 at 2:49 PM