Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Browsing on Mobile

(March 22nd, 2020 at 5:13 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(March 22nd, 2020 at 2:36 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: I'm so glad that internet explorer is becoming a thing of the past.

I've finally stopped designing with IE in mind. I literally don't even test anything on it anymore. If anyone is using it, they are probably well accustomed to websites having bugs.

100%. I still have to tell people at work to not use it. Then we get those that say this internal site or application ONLY works with IE.

I go on to make a big deal about it being an unsupported browser and the team that works on said site or application needs to get with the times and at minimum make is able to work with Edge or FireFox. I know they won't, but I still make a big deal about it. Maybe public shaming will work in getting people to learn. Tongue

Wait until Microsoft officially deprecates IE with the new Edge and stops shipping it. Then you'll have a legitimate reason to quit supporting it because 'no one in their right mind would use an outdated version of Windows when it's so easy to get hacked, right upper-management?'

I've been using Edge recently and it's extremely /comfy/ and based. Hardware acceleration just Werks™, browserbench (Speedometer) gets higher scores than other browsers on my computer and all my usual Chrome extensions still work without issue (uBlock Origin, HTTPSEverywhere, PrivacyBadger, Disconnect, Ghostery, and other cool things not related to security.)

I don't save passwords because I don't trust Micro$oft but on the other hand, I don't trust Google either (always used a de-googled build of Chrome like Iridium but it's always outdated by like five versions or more), Mozilla is a botnet trying to hide behind the EFF (peek those telemetry options) and Brave Browser is a BAT botnet trying to get you to pay to have ads blocked (or to have ads targeted towards you.) Edge at that point does seems like the lesser of all evils, especially when it uses the latest Chromium engine and is fast af.

Messages In This Thread
Browsing on Mobile - by Darth-Apple - March 17th, 2020 at 5:10 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Lain - March 17th, 2020 at 7:26 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Guardian - March 17th, 2020 at 9:53 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Darth-Apple - March 18th, 2020 at 12:28 AM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by SpookyZalost - March 19th, 2020 at 4:11 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Darth-Apple - March 22nd, 2020 at 2:36 AM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Guardian - March 22nd, 2020 at 5:13 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Lain - March 22nd, 2020 at 5:27 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by SpookyZalost - March 22nd, 2020 at 4:31 AM