Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Browsing on Mobile

It absolutely is a nightmare writing one. We've been working for years to make this one responsive. I have done everything I can to make the mobile display functionality as clear and concise as possible, but there are a lot of differences and I am far from being done. On the bright side, we develop the theme for the desktop first. The mobile display functionality is a second thought. Finna Tongue

On androids, the desktop versions are a little easier to work with. The auto-zoom functionality on iPhones is almost unusable, in my experience. It makes it hard to do even so much as scrolling from one side to the other, or similar.

One thing that I cannot stand is having two separate themes for mobile and for desktop use. Generally the mobile one ends up being horribly done and is missing a lot of functionality. I don't want to lose the website's character just because I'm browsing on mobile. That's a big part of what responsiveness attempts to solve. It's one single theme that adjusts for all devices automatically. (It's a lot of "Hey, if the width of my screen is this, display this menu like X. Otherwise, display it in a more compact way, like Y.")

Messages In This Thread
Browsing on Mobile - by Darth-Apple - March 17th, 2020 at 5:10 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Lain - March 17th, 2020 at 7:26 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Guardian - March 17th, 2020 at 9:53 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Darth-Apple - March 18th, 2020 at 12:28 AM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by SpookyZalost - March 19th, 2020 at 4:11 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Darth-Apple - March 22nd, 2020 at 2:36 AM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Guardian - March 22nd, 2020 at 5:13 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by Lain - March 22nd, 2020 at 5:27 PM
RE: Browsing on Mobile - by SpookyZalost - March 22nd, 2020 at 4:31 AM