Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Camp/NaNoWriMo

I don't participate mainly because I'm not a huge fan of explicit deadlines, especially if it's involving creative work.
That being said I do try to write more during November, and GF also tries to participate (although gives up after three days typically haha.) I'm still working on getting her to read more often; she wanted to read 1984 finally just because everyone else seems to have read it and I had a spare copy from my utopian lit. class, but she keeps getting stuck at chapter 3 and claims she doesn't have the time.

I was never great at fiction, sadly. I really try to 'freestyle' as much of my writing as possible on the first iteration/draft, but once I start reading it over for editing and general revision I realize that everything is so closely related to my own personal experiences to the point where it hardly feels like fiction at all to me (and by extension, since I'm a relatively boring person, it feels more like a slice-of-life kind of novella or even a d*** memoir) and then I get into that weird mindset that I need to change everything, which in turn causes me to hate everything that I threw down on the page.

Oh well. I guess I just need to practice creative writing some more. Maybe sometime in April after exams...

Messages In This Thread
Camp/NaNoWriMo - by Juneberry - March 6th, 2020 at 2:06 PM
RE: Camp/NaNoWriMo - by Lain - March 6th, 2020 at 2:57 PM
RE: Camp/NaNoWriMo - by Darth-Apple - March 6th, 2020 at 3:04 PM
RE: Camp/NaNoWriMo - by Lain - March 6th, 2020 at 3:59 PM
RE: Camp/NaNoWriMo - by Darth-Apple - March 6th, 2020 at 11:38 PM