Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Project] [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino)

(March 4th, 2020 at 4:37 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: @Lain, have you considered running a bodge wire/jumper wire between the input from the USB port going into the teensy, and the output going to the keyboard, thus side stepping needing the power from the arduino?

it would also allow you to remain the small form factor and only need the one cable.

effectively wire the input/output power and the teensy power in series thus not having the current pass through the device.

Yeah I mentioned that in the edit.I'm gonna see if I can get something working with the F303, though, and test more with USB power.
If all else fails, that'll be the last hope.

Next edit:
Guess that didn't work. Seems that the Nucleo32 has the same mA output (ballpark range, ofc.) since I get the same issue.
Someone online mentioned that when using a logic analyzer, they also encountered that the keyboard would send 0xAA every 0.6sec, which would indicated the BAT power success from the PS/2 protocol.
Too bad logic analyzers are too f*** expensive for hobbyists like me.

But of course it could very well be the same issue I'm having. Or maybe it's that the keyboard shuts itself off after failing to interface with whatever it's connecting to.
This has been helpful so far: https://www.avrfreaks.net/sites/default/...yboard.pdf

Messages In This Thread
[DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 1st, 2020 at 6:19 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 1st, 2020 at 11:58 PM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 2nd, 2020 at 6:09 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 2nd, 2020 at 6:18 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 3rd, 2020 at 5:01 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 4th, 2020 at 3:08 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 4th, 2020 at 4:50 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 4th, 2020 at 7:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Software] Benchmarking some machines. WIP. Lain 8 5,057 May 27th, 2020 at 12:42 AM
Last Post: Lain
  DIY Multi-unit stereo system SpookyZalost 5 3,928 March 1st, 2020 at 9:06 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  [Project] Cracking Hashes with Arduino Lain 3 3,648 October 22nd, 2019 at 5:18 PM
  PC won't boot USB? Using 10 year old hardware? try PLOP! SpookyZalost 0 2,046 March 12th, 2019 at 5:09 AM