Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

[Project] [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino)

(March 2nd, 2020 at 6:12 AM)Darth-Apple Wrote: Technology has gotten more precise over the years. You can transmit quite a bit of data over just a single serial wire. They've more or less figured out how to encode quite a bit of data accurately. In the USB 1.0 days, not so much... Finna

That's interesting that they added five pins for USB 3.0. I suppose that USB 3 devices then must have to have a mode where they can send their data using only the original four wires (for backwards compatibility purposes), and only use the extra wires if they detect that they are running on a USB 3 port.

Yeah, it's a nice conveinence not needing to buy all-new hardware to fit your USB ports.
Mom got herself a MacBook recently and was pissed off that all it has are two USB-C ports on the side. I'll have to get her a USB hub sometime, seen some decent ones on Amazon that I could probably get for free Blush

But buying the headers as 3.0 or 2.0 had absolutely no significant impact on the final cost of everything, so I figured I should just pick up the 3.0s instead if I want to try making some fast-charge USB condom for my phone. Have yet to get around to that, I'm just hoping that fast-charging doesn't only work if the SSRX/SSTX pins are connected because that involves more soldering and the entire point of it is that the data pins are shorted to stop unwanted data transfer. More research needed.

Messages In This Thread
[DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 1st, 2020 at 6:19 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 1st, 2020 at 11:58 PM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 2nd, 2020 at 6:09 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 2nd, 2020 at 6:18 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 3rd, 2020 at 5:01 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 4th, 2020 at 3:08 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 4th, 2020 at 4:50 AM
RE: [DIY/WIP] Hardware Keylogger (with Arduino) - by Lain - March 4th, 2020 at 7:57 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Software] Benchmarking some machines. WIP. Lain 8 5,047 May 27th, 2020 at 12:42 AM
Last Post: Lain
  DIY Multi-unit stereo system SpookyZalost 5 3,919 March 1st, 2020 at 9:06 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  [Project] Cracking Hashes with Arduino Lain 3 3,644 October 22nd, 2019 at 5:18 PM
  PC won't boot USB? Using 10 year old hardware? try PLOP! SpookyZalost 0 2,044 March 12th, 2019 at 5:09 AM