Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Your predictions: Ten years from now

As soon as someone pulls the nuclear bomb out again, all hell will break loose. So far, the world has been good about preventing that from happening. When a country such as North Korea starts threatening to do it, the whole world backs itself against that nation. Everyone seems to understand, for the most part.

Technologically, I don't think we'll have "paper thin" tablets, but probably tablets thinner than what we have now. I'm thinking a milimeter or two maybe. Very thin, but not impossibly thin. We'll probably be storing terabytes on Micro SD cards (as lain mentioned). Petabytes... in ten years, not so sure. Maybe, but for what? 4K has been a thing for a while, and yes, everyone's jumping on the bandwagon with it, but we already have HD that is so crisp that the eye can hardly tell.

Yes, there are 4K phone screens. But Apple has never jumped on that bandwagon, and they've been smart for it. The companies that do the most innovation seem to have a grasp of appropriate limits. I do think 4K video will become more used with time (and probably 8K to some extent by then) and AI storage requirements will be hefty... But those will probably be the most storage-intensive things that we have. Finna

Besides that, who knows. There is probably some huge innovation that's right around the corner, that nobody can really predict yet.

Messages In This Thread
Your predictions: Ten years from now - by Darth-Apple - February 29th, 2020 at 2:41 AM
RE: Your predictions: Ten years from now - by Lain - February 29th, 2020 at 8:20 AM
RE: Your predictions: Ten years from now - by Guardian - February 29th, 2020 at 8:00 PM
RE: Your predictions: Ten years from now - by Darth-Apple - February 29th, 2020 at 8:10 PM
RE: Your predictions: Ten years from now - by SpookyZalost - March 1st, 2020 at 2:28 AM