Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ask the Berry!

Hihi. This is my AMA thread. Feel free to ask anything that comes to mind- just know I may refuse to answer if they're too personally identifying and such.
Sweet!

Just like Winter Bear... though yours is a different season. What made you go with Juneberry?
It's actually got nothing to do with a season. Juneberries are a wild berry that grow in a town local to me. They're safely edible and can be described as similar to blueberries I think. I once read someone say they're basically blueberries, but better. xD
What's it like writing articles?

I've always been sorta curious but could never get into it myself.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
It depends a lot on the article and how much research I have to do for it. I had a really big one I wrote... last year, I think it was? It was about the cultural relevancy of Tolkien. I did all sorts of research for that one. I've also done articles on types of poetry which required research, and then a couple of articles that were basically prompts that didn't require as much information gathering. The research is the most tedious part to me, but it's amazing what you learn.
sounds like a blast.
I'd write tech articles for a magazine if I could but well they're not really hiring around here lol.

ok next question.

What's your preferred form of Interface for writing?

Analog pen and paper.
Keyboard and mouse.
Tablet/Touchscreen.
Gesture Controls.
Voice control/transcribing.
Neural interface/Thought control (cutting edge, few use it yet)
Other.
I'm a keyboard and mouse person myself. My handwriting sucks, and I've never spoken as well as I write, so I worry I'd have an issue making a coherent story with voice control. It's silly, I know.
plus typing is a lot closer to the speed of thought lol.

If you could work any job or swap places with any person for a day, who or what would it be?
A special education teacher, because that was my dream during high school.
I could see that, it's a very rewarding job that while challenging at times ends up helping people that society would struggle with otherwise.

What made you decide you wanted to do that in high school?
I went to a school for special needs children, albeit our needs were specifically psychiatric. I was really inspired by some of my teachers that helped me deal with school life despite my special needs, and it made me want to be like them and help children like me.
Who is your favorite writer?
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
That's a really tough one! It depends a lot on if it's poetry or stories, though occasionally you get a great writer like Edgar Allan Poe who makes you love both. He was my first thought, honestly, so he's probably my top favorite.
Have you heard the alan parsons project album Tales of mystery and imagination, which is inspired by and based on works by poe?
Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
@Spook: No I haven't! I hadn't even heard *of* it until now. I'll have to give it a listen. Smile

@Thomas: I'd probably be better off fighting 100 duck-sized horses. I'd probably lose either way, but at least I'd potentially get a few wins in with one. I'd honestly be too terrified to fight a horse-sized duck.
Would you rather, explore the unknown depths of space or the unknown depths of the ocean?
I'm definitely going with space. Maybe I can find where I came from! Y'know, since my family is full of aliens.