Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Ultimate Joystick Interface

(February 12th, 2020 at 4:28 AM)Lain Wrote: Might be a cool little board but I mean even Arduino Nano has 8 analog pins and 22 digital pins while still (sort of) safely operating at a baudrate of 2 million, or 2mbps, and given they both use serial, I can't see the reasoning behind buying one of these over the nano, except for maybe the better form factor for someone building a physical controller.

Well actually they do bring that up when discussing it.

the main thing is, this has almost no delay between button presses and action on the screen, it's far less input lag than using an Arduino solution because it's a dedicated device.

the reason I say more inputs is because It'd be nice to have once device with at least double what this has, not for your standard gamepad or flight stick, but for control consoles and such. Cool

like, it'd be awesome to build a cockpit for Elite dangerous with all the inputs mapped to physical buttons and switches.

but then... I like physical buttons and switches with weight to them and an audible click...
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 1st, 2020 at 6:25 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 12th, 2020 at 4:28 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 12th, 2020 at 4:33 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 12th, 2020 at 6:04 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 12th, 2020 at 2:57 PM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 12th, 2020 at 6:48 PM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by SpookyZalost - February 13th, 2020 at 2:28 AM
RE: Ultimate Joystick Interface - by Lain - February 13th, 2020 at 3:11 AM