Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wii U

Anyone ever play a wii U?

I have one and so far I've found it to be a very underrated console with a lot of untapped potential.

a lot of games for example take advantage of the touchscreen game pad for menu stuff, maps, and item management.
it's actually kinda neat that way.

you can also use the gamepad as the main display in some games like new Super mario bros U.

honestly the console was underrated and canned way too soon.

so anyone else have a chance to mess with one?

[Image: wii-u-nintendo.png]
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]
Nope!
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee
not even at a game store at one of those game trying stations?
Yeah, never tried it either. Since the original Wii, I haven't touched Nintendo products.
it's too bad then, the wii U had a lot of potential as a console, plus it was backwards compatible with wii games, and with a softmod... gamecube games.
Yes, I have one. I thought it was a great invention because it allowed the person playing video games to continue playing even when other people want to watch tv. It prevents people from fighting over the tv.
@jennyoralice: see I never thought about that, because I have my own personal TV, but it is nice being able to use the wii U tablet to play games on it's screen... doubly so because it can actually get some distance away from the wii U...

now if only there was a way to do that with all my consoles lol.
Yes it was an amazing console but was very underrated, just like the GameCube was.

I remember I had it on launch with Zombie-U which was also a great game. It had a live menu on your tablet, so if you had to change weapons or look at your map - the zombies were still coming for you!! haha.

Nintendo introduced MiiVerse on this console and I wish it was still running on switch Sad