Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Darth-Apple's not-so-personal blog

As most of you know, I recently founded makestation as a place for users to share creative works and projects, and so far it has gone very well. Even with me out of town with no internet access for a week, this place has remained active, and so I've definitely been very excited about the progress. I figured that I would "celebrate" by starting a blog here. You may notice that there is now a forum board. I am planning to convert to myBB soon, and since MyBB doesn't have a user blogs plugin and I don't have time to write my own, this will help us adjust. Tongue

Anyway, next semester is going to be a very busy semester for me, but I'm expecting to meet a lot of new people and to have an awesome experience. I'm really looking forward to it, all things considered. Of course I'm also looking forward to being able to watch makestation grow into a larger community. I feel like I want makestation to become a community where members can be very open about their own interests, and I feel like we've been taking the right steps as a community. All things considered, all is going well. Big Grin

What a life you have, lol. But, shouldn't you use member blogs for this? Tongue Oh nvm Tongue
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"
The switch to mybb will be interesting.
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
Yeah, I think it's going to be good for the community. I am currently out of town (again), but I plan on beginning the site redesign as soon as I return. In the meantime I'll continue to be active here during my trip. Big Grin

Nice. Big Grin
I'm currently crafting a game called "revive the dead website!" Tongue
[Image: 3GnR8g1.jpg]
(July 10th, 2013 at 12:18 AM)simlink link Wrote: Nice. Big Grin
I'm currently crafting a game called \"revive the dead website!\" Tongue
What a fun game. I'm playing that too Tongue

I am now back in town after an amazing visit to NYC and DC. I took around 700 pictures with a brand new camera, and hope to sort through all of that soon. Big Grin

It's definitely a great trip. Just take my advice and never attempt to drive in NYC. The subway is good enough to get you around. Tongue

Fun stuff.

I have officially designed my first from-scratch theme ever, and it is now being used here at Makestation. My CSS skills are gradually improving. Tongue

I love the theme! My Java skills are gradually improving.

Thanks Big Grin

Also, good luck on your java programming. I plan on learning some java myself fairly soon.

It isn't a task for the feint of heart... but it is still easier than learning C Tongue

Yeah, C/C++ is a real pain to learn haha.

Or assembly. But I think ASM programmers are godlike Tongue

True dat, LOL

Even moreso machine code programmers. In fact, I think ALL low-level programmers are demigods in their own way Tongue

I've decided I'm going to start creating themes for MyBB. My goal is to get 1-3 good themes out per month. My first theme will be an additional theme for makestation. The current one will remain the default, but I'd like to have an alternative theme available for users who would like to set it up in their profiles. I'm hoping it will be a great success. Big Grin

If you do requests, then you should probably set up a thread in the requests section.