Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rules of Aquisition

I literally read every single one of them. Very interesting (and slightly sociopathic) list. Finna It contradicts itself quite a bit. But generally says "Latinum, latimum, latimum, lie lie lie, customers, buy buy buy, beware beware, ..."

Some of it's good business advice. Most of it is a way to become a sociopath businessman. And judging by the last 20 or 30 years of American politics, it would seem that this leads to success in at least some measure. It's kinda sad. In the end, money will never buy happiness.

I was thinking today. I had to get my car jump started because it has a bad battery (or alternator, as the guy who stated that car batteries are 24 volts told me. I'm not entirely sure if I trust it. ) I put my hood up in the parking lot and waited, it was at a store so I watched quite a few people come in and out. About 15 minutes in, a couple people joined in to help and got me back on the road. I'm lucky that I live in a beach town where people still care for each other in at least some capacity. I literally walked away thinking "hey, they didn't have to do that, who does this anymore?"

Morality is becoming a lost commodity the more time goes on. And its kinda sad, in quite a lot of ways. I've always been one to try to get ahead where there is an opportunity, but for me, I won't do it at all costs. There are limits, and where there's a wall, morality draws the line.

Unfortunately, that mentality might land me behind, like everyone else. Judging by the last 20 or 30 years of America, i'm afraid it may be the truth, but if I have to make that choice, I will make it gladly. Tongue

Interesting post, thank you for sharing.

Messages In This Thread
Rules of Aquisition - by SpookyZalost - June 22nd, 2018 at 3:53 AM
RE: Rules of Aquisition - by Darth-Apple - June 22nd, 2018 at 5:10 AM
RE: Rules of Aquisition - by SpookyZalost - June 22nd, 2018 at 5:12 AM
RE: Rules of Aquisition - by Guardian - June 22nd, 2018 at 8:17 PM
RE: Rules of Aquisition - by SpookyZalost - June 22nd, 2018 at 8:26 PM
RE: Rules of Aquisition - by Darth-Apple - June 22nd, 2018 at 8:33 PM
RE: Rules of Aquisition - by SpookyZalost - June 22nd, 2018 at 8:37 PM
RE: Rules of Aquisition - by Guardian - June 23rd, 2018 at 3:29 AM
RE: Rules of Aquisition - by Thomas - June 23rd, 2018 at 12:25 PM
RE: Rules of Aquisition - by SpookyZalost - June 24th, 2018 at 6:38 AM