Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture)

************* Day 200: 15:45:10 - Class M Moon, B'omar space - Universe: Startrek: Assimilated variant *************

The puddle jumper set down gently on the surface of the remote moon the sensors echoing the unique borg frequency that seems to remain on anything they touch, a kind of electromagnetic footprint. Near the edge of a cliff remained a crashed ship, very small, not much larger than a runabout, the markings were mostly warn away by time and weathering but anthony knew what this was after scanning the surface looking for crashed borg vessels to salvage. Sheilding his eyes from the glare of the midday sun he stared up at the ship before checking to be sure the climbing gear was all prepared, then turned to his fellow shipmate and recent recruit Data Soong.
"You ready to do some archaeology mr data?" anthony asked, a wide grin relaying the excitement he was feeling.
"Indeed, let me climb ahead since I can act faster to any changing terrain" data advised.
"Sounds good to me" anthony stated doing a final check of his climbing harness and following the android's path as they began the ascent up the rockface.

It wasn't long before they reached the top, data reached out and grasped anthony's arm to pull him up saving some effort and time. before them stood a decomposing husk of a starship, borg technology decaying but spider webbed across the access panels and hull. Anthony took a deep breath taking in the stale air and paused taking in the sight before him, "the uss Raven, NAR 23450, home to the hansens and the first humans besides captain archer and his crew to encounter the borg." Data paused and turned around to look at anthony, confusion present on his face "sir? I don't believe I recognize previous encounters with the borg before Q sent the enterprise to encounter them."
"I'm not surprised Mister data, the information was classified, I only know about it because of my outside knowledge of federation history... incomplete as it is."
"sir?" mister data seemed even more confused. "look it's better not to ask, you wouldn't like the answer I'd give you, think of it as an extension of the temporal prime directive."

Time seemed to move slowly as they went over the ship checking storage compartments, closets, replicators, anything that might be hiding some small piece of useful technology, data managed to get power going to the ship's computer core and they downloaded the entire ship's database before heading back, but not before Anthony placed a tracking beacon on the ship, they would be beaming the wreck into the cargobay for salvage before moving on. A few hours passed as they made the long trek back to the puddle jumper they'd used to come down to the surface, a storm was brewing on the horizon and both of them wanted to get back on board the ascension before something else showed up to find out why a ship was in orbit of this remote moon. on the way back to the ship anthony was skimming the database, searching for one piece of tech in particular, something useful if they were going to steal something from the borg without getting caught. "found it!" anthony exclaimed in excitement before handing the data padd over to his android compatriot. "fascinating, you believe we'll be able to use this to remain undetected and move about the borg vessel?" data asked a bit surprised at the schematics before him. "indeed, more than that with some tweaking we can move through borg force feilds and get right to the transwarp coil, we're almost ready to get out of here" anthony explained.

************* Day 230: 10:15:30 - Ascension - Fabrication room - Universe: Startrek: Assimilated variant *************

the room was humming with the sounds of energy arching through the air and welds being finalized as metal was being fused to metal, a large ring sat within a pedestal, stairs leading up to the aperture. computer aided robots zipped around the room moving parts from the fabricator, the ring's structure being finalized as it was eased from the force fields holding it in place onto the support struts designed to allow it to be held but easily ejected in case of catastrophic failure. "Alright mister data I think we're ready, activate the shunt and begin powering up the MBG, let's hope this works."
a swift nod from the android was all the reply he needed as anthony took long strides back, the large tesla coils on the outside of the ring acting as a focus for the massive energy being channeled by the Multiversal bridge generator into the fifty foot space within the ring. Suddenly a sphere of space/time began to form within the ring bending light around it before it stabilized, the bridge linking two points across a rather small distance, the technology still fairly limited. Anthony quickly activated the probe that was sitting behind him and guided it through the barrier gathering telemetry as it traversed the wormhole before arriving at the other end. seeing the atmosphere as breathable he decided to step through himself instructing data to re-open it in about 20 min so that the MBG could gather enough charge.

The transition was intense, space/time folded in on it's self and in an instant Anthony was both everywhere and nowhere at once, still remaining whole however he suddenly found himself exiting on the other side of the wormhole taking note that the test was successful, the ship remained in orbit above the surface in case of emergency but there were no large predators detected on the planet so the chance of that was slim so long as he was careful. After the 20 minutes passed space seemed to ripple and fold as another wormhole opened allowing anthony to return to the ship, a successful test and proving the first one wasn't a fluke of some kind. "Congratulations mister data, I believe we've done it, like really done it!" anthony's excitement was difficult to mask as he tried to calm himself, the intensity of wormhole travel was still quite extreme but there were no side-effects that he could tell other than a serious rush and the build up of a light layer of frost along his body which quickly melted in 65* room.

************* Day 230: 14:25:10 - Ascension - Meeting room - Universe: Startrek: Assimilated variant *************

The lights were dimmed in the room as the 3D holographic projector hummed to life showing a model of a cube shaped object, protrusions and indents extended all across the surface with no signs of entry other than a large circular hatch on one side. 3 people sat in the room, Anthony, the human who's currently in charge of the ascension, Data Soong, an android rescued from the void after the destruction of his previous vessel, and the uss voyager's EMH, his program rescued from the decaying corpse of the lost vessel, never to return home. the three men sat down at the conference table as they planned out their next move now that everything they needed was in place.

"I don't need to tell either of you how dangerous this is, if the borg even get a hint that the ascension is nearby they'll be on her like flies to feces." Anthony stated, his tone serious as he explained the plan. "So Here's the deal, mister data I'm going to need you to keep watch and get us out of there in a hurry, you're the only one of us strong enough to actually fight the drones hand to hand." data nodded for him to continue. "Doc, I'm going to need you to operate the Space bridge, we've got a very small window and I need you to activate the bridge to get us out of there as quickly as possible, if all goes well they'll notice something missing but won't get more than a glimpse that we were ever there." the doctor nodded accepting his job quickly when suddenly there was a bright flash and a 4th person appeared in the room. "Might i interject on your little pow-wow?" data paused recognizing the voice and immediately readying himself for action, anthony however leaned back and observed the man in the starfleet admirals uniform. "nice of you to show Q, you're late again you know."

the other two men gave each other confused looks as anthony and Q watch each other carefully. "can I get you some tea? maybe a slice of chocolate cake? or ten..." that remark caught Q's attention again causing him to wonder just how this human knew so much detail about everyone here, then smirked accepting the offer. "so what brings you to my humble ship here today?" Q's stare softened a bit relaxing his normally cocky attitude. "well actually I just wanted to see how things were going, you were taking a while, and certainly picard never took so long to execute a plan as exciting as this." Anthony just gave Q a look of mock surprise. "What can I say? I'd rather keep my atoms where they are." Q nodded back, a gesture motioning him to continued, anthony then turned to his crewmates. "Q is here to observe, to keep us out of trouble so to speak... we're also his ride once the mbg is repaired."

the two artificial sentients discussed this for a moment before anthony interrupted them. "a bit late to discuss this I'm afraid guys, but this is our only way out of this hell, the plan will proceed as discussed, anyone have any concerns?, No? alright then, let's get this going."
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture) - by SpookyZalost - December 7th, 2017 at 9:00 AM