Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Project] Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture)

Strange Encounters I

*********** Anthony Scott, Personal Log - Alien ship - day 12 ***************

ok, note to self, NO TIME TRAVEL, it seems the mutliversal drive has a safety feature in case of sudden spikes of energy, thank the gods but in my attempt to open a bridge to the same universe at a different time using some tweaked software I think i blew out one of the capacitors.  you see stephen hawking and the other scientists from back home were right, when you open a wormhole to a different point in time it creates a kind of feedback as the same space tries to exist in two different points in time.  Unfortunately there's a side effect because there was a massive surge of paradox causing space/time energy which nearly blew up my ship!.

I've since left that universe as the drive made a HUGE jump in an effort to burn off the cascading energy reaction from the temporal wormhole, I'm not sure where I am but until I can repair things I'm stuck here for a while.  plus I swear I heard mad laughter while that wormhole was open so I'm not trying that again as it seemed to amuse Hotep.  did I mention I've been out cold for two days recovering from the feeling of being compressed into a tiny space, spaghettified, shifted across the multiverse at unsafe speeds then returned to normal space?  because I do not want to do it again, EVER!!!!.

by the way I'm thinking about using my portable computer's time as the official ship time, I've since adjusted it to count days but of course that's going to be relative to time outside the ship because relativity... eh who cares as long as I'm not nearly killed or something again.

***********Anthony scott personal log - Alien ship - 09:15:23, day 20***********

it took me a while but I finally got everything fixed up,  the Multi-verse bridge generator or MBG as I've taken to calling it finally works as intended and without those migranes, though I still prefer to not step between verses on a full stomach.  been so busy so I've got a lot to say, firstly I think I've gotten these coordinate things down, there's XYZ spatial coordinates relative to my current location, then there's an additional X/Y coordinate system relative to my current universe which details how many universes and in what direction I want to travel.  yeah you heard me right, the multiverse is 2D, weird right?, but that should make mapping it easier, I've hopped about five times since I first awoke on the ship and hotep has been oddly silent, guess I'm only interesting when he's bored.

the second big thing to happen was why I've stuck around in this universe so long, my current coordinates are galactic center relative GCR X -25001, Y+3212, Z+ 50, MV X+20 Y+15, those last two will change of course but that's easy enough to calculate, at least until I can get some kinda Multi-verse map, however the big reason I've stuck around was the odd space/time ripples I've been getting on sensors, almost submersed within another layer by ships making tunnels.  so I've decided to go check out the hub of where these vehicles are going, even better, it seems that with some tweaking I can utilize these corridors by re-directing the MBG to a different lower energy frequency.

********* Anthony Scott Personal Log - Alien Ship "Ascension" - 15:30:09, day 26****************

took me a bit longer than I hopped but I've got it working, I was able to make a short submersion into whatever space/time these passages exist in, oddly enough if I didn't know better I'd say it looks like stargate hyperspace, but that can't be right can it?.

************* Anthony Scott Personal Log - Ascension, bridge - 20:05:19, Day 30 ******************

I'm not going back to that planet, at least not yet.  it seems I was right about that space/time looking familiar as I was traveling through it because what I saw around that planet was goa'uld pyramid ships, not sure what classes but they were huge!,  it's been a few years since I last watched stargate but not knowing what year it is on earth in this universe at this moment I decided it was best to avoid contact, luckily I'm still in the good ole milky way galaxy but depending on when I am it might be best to observe things from afar.  on the up side before I got too close some kind of defense system activated with a ship module I didn't even know was there yet, good thing my well of luck seems to run deeply because I've got a cloaking device... not knowing what universe it's from though I have no idea if they saw me but suffice to say I'm not going to take chances on my only ride home.

*************  Stargate Universe - earth relative date unkown, ship time: Day 36 - 12:32:20 ***********

the recently named Ascension was drifting past jupiter under cloak it's sensors spreading out across the star system as it scanned for any forms of technology, a couple ships seemed to be patrolling the outer system with tons of deep space tracking satellites as well as a familiar space station orbiting in low earth orbit.  "well at least I know I'm close to the year back home?"  anthony idly posited to himself, however noting the ships he decided to wait a bit and see if anything came and or left the system, better to initiate first contact not directly over star gate earth noting that their FTL program was secret last he saw on the TV series back home.

suddenly one of the ships opened a breach into hyperspace, being quick he piloted the ascension in after them remaining under cloak noting when they dropped out over a planet to leave a good distance away.  the system had two rather large moons which were perfect to hide behind and observe, the ship it's self seemed to be sitting over the planet below recharging it's hyperdrive.  figuring there was no time like the present anthony decloaked and approached from behind the moon hailing the earth ship on all frequencies.  "greetings unknown vessel, this is captain scott of the ascension, I'm on a mission of peace and exploration with an imperative to make contact with new races and would like to open a dialog with your people, please do not be alarmed."

the large earth ship raised it's shields almost immediately but did not seem to be arming it's weapons yet anthony noted that the vessel was of the BC304 class from the series.  kind of hard to forget given how often it was used in both SG1 and atlantis.  suddenly he got an incoming communication noting a response, moving quickly he pushed the blinking comms button and a 2D image appeared to generate from the holographic projectors which created the greeting message that played when he first arrived.  "Ascension this is Colonel Abraham Ellis of the USS apollo, this area is restricted, what brings you to this system?" noting the structures on the surface picked up by his scanners it seemed they had constructed a base on the surface. deciding he didn't want to start a firefight a response was quickly put together in his head, the colonel seeming to grow more irritated the longer it took him to respond.  "well to be honest? I'm a bit lost, I'd heard about the exploits of the tau'ri and recognized your vessel from descriptions I'd heard back home, but that seems to be a long ways away."  the older man seemed to look bored at that point but I was making sure not to make any aggressive gestures, I wasn't sure how well the particle beams and anti-matter torpedoes I'd discovered while repairing the ship would hold up against the large numbers of nuclear missiles that a BC304 could fire.

still that gave me a minimum year, it was at least late SG1 to late atlantis which put it around 2008 or so, still I was hoping things would turn out well given enough time

********************* TO BE CONTINUED *************************
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adrift in the multiverse (a SI multicross adevnture) - by SpookyZalost - September 19th, 2017 at 2:35 AM