Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Amod, for Victoria II

DD.GM.2 - POPs
Okay, my last explanation of POPs was lousy. So in this DD, I'll explain them with complete accuracy.
Editor's note: Much information paraphrased from the Vicky II Wiki. I do not take all credit for the information in the following passage.
POPs, in game terms, are units of population which represent people of similar culture, occupation, religion, and location. Over time, pops will shrink or enlarge, depending on the circumstances. Every province has its own POPs. Another factor in POP size is immigration and emigration. POPs will often immigrate or emigrate depending on certain circumstances; For example, using your influence to encourage immigration to your country from another area can increase immigration. All POPs have their needs; If they do not get these needs, then their militancy may increase. It should be noted, that POPs only represent the healthy adult males of the unit.
POPs have three types of attitudes: Plurality, consciousness, and militancy. Plurality is a measure of your POPs demand for social reforms and democracy. Plurality can be used to measure how liberal your country is becoming. Plurality influences consciousness, which is defined as your as your POPs desire to fulfill their own self-interests. Consciousness affects militancy, which is how likely a POP is likely to revolt. With a militancy of 1-6, your population has no chance of revolting; Rebel factions began organizing at a militancy of 7; At militancy 8, your POPs will join an active uprising in the province; Finally, at militancy 9, any POPs will immediately revolt. Other than consciousness, there are other factors that influence militancy, such as nationalism, dislike of ruling party, or war exhaustion (losing battles, losing your war goals, etc). Factors that reduce militancy include sympathy for ruling party, conservative ideology, or a failed revolt.
So this sums it up for the post on POPs. If you want to learn more, check out this page on the Vicky II Wiki!
I mod Paradox games. Click here to see my many adventures in doing that.

"Join the Army, see the world, meet interesting people - and kill them"

Messages In This Thread
Amod, for Victoria II - by Acko - June 8th, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Re: Amod, for Victoria II - by Darth-Apple - June 8th, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Re: Amod, for Victoria II - by Acko - June 9th, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Re: Amod, for Victoria II - by Acko - June 9th, 2013 at 1:11 PM
Re: Amod, for Victoria II - by Darth-Apple - June 9th, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Re: Amod, for Victoria II - by Acko - June 10th, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Re: Amod, for Victoria II - by Darth-Apple - June 10th, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Re: Amod, for Victoria II - by Acko - June 10th, 2013 at 1:45 AM
Re: Amod, for Victoria II - by Darth-Apple - June 10th, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Re: Amod, for Victoria II - by Acko - June 10th, 2013 at 2:06 AM