Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The death penalty

It honestly depends for me. While I see it as a way to show the public that your life can be ended by your deadly actions towards another human being, I can see why it should be debated. A lot of the criminals at large do not receive the death penalty, because they plead mental illness, or simply kill themselves before authorities get to them, examples being the people who commit the large shooting crimes, schools, theaters, the marathon, ect, here in America. Most of the time, if the criminal does not kill themselves, they generally get away with pleading a mental illness for the motive behind their actions. They then receive medical help, and rehabilitation for a while, then prison. The death penalty is given out to people who are innocent by mistake sometimes, because we do not have a perfect or fair justice system in place. I think until we can get it figured out, or know 100% that the person is guilty of said crime, then the death penalty needs to be abolished, its simply too unstable at the moment, or the wrong people are getting punished with it in my eyes.

Messages In This Thread
The death penalty - by Darth-Apple - November 4th, 2014 at 4:06 AM
RE: The death penalty - by Clayton - November 5th, 2014 at 1:59 AM
RE: The death penalty - by Darth-Apple - November 5th, 2014 at 2:04 AM
RE: The death penalty - by Clayton - November 5th, 2014 at 2:17 AM
RE: The death penalty - by Darth-Apple - November 5th, 2014 at 2:23 AM
RE: The death penalty - by Urban - November 17th, 2014 at 12:45 PM
RE: The death penalty - by Darth-Apple - November 17th, 2014 at 12:57 PM
RE: The death penalty - by SpookyZalost - June 3rd, 2017 at 6:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prince Philip death tc4me 3 2,067 April 13th, 2021 at 1:06 PM