Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

What Mods do you Use for Cities Skylines?

Cities Skylines is a fantastic game out of the box. Unlike Simcity 4, you don't really need to have mods, per se, to play the game and enjoy it. But that being said, it's probably even more extensible than Simcity 4. If you were going to create a list of must-have mods, what would you put on the list? 

Mine: 
  • Traffic Manager President Edition. (Much like SC4's NAM, althougn not quite as extensive. Lots of additional traffic tools. )
  • Roundabout builder
  • Bulldoze it (pretty useful. Automatically bulldozes abandoned buildings)
  • 81 Tiles. (Lets you build beyond the game's default 9-tile limit)
  • Network Extensions 2 (Adds new roads. Think SC4's RHW, but with regular roads and highways) 
  • Move it! (Let's you move just about anything, and even allows you to adjust roads in miniscule ways after they have been built) 
  • First Person Camera (Let's you view your city from any car or pedestrian's view. Very nice!) 
What do you use for your mod stack in Cities Skylines?

I have everything removed right now as I was trying to actually get some achievements for a change, but...

The assets are great. Tons to choose from.
Traffic Manager is a must.
I looked at roundabout builder, but was unsure about it working as I wished. How's it work for you?
I hadn't heard of 81 tiles, but I definitely want to look into it now.

I hadn't played with mods in a while. Was looking at adding them last week, just hadn't got around to it. Thanks for the easy reference for when I do actually add them.
You just use CTRL + O for the roundabout builder, and then click an intersection. The only thing that I don't like is that it will build over surrounding non-zoned buildings without demonishing them. The zone ones disappear automatically, but schools, parks, etc. have to be demolished manually.

Just have to select a road type and a size, and it otherwise worked pretty well for me!

And 81 tiles is a MUST. It's very nice for building sparse cities with a lot of space between different sections. The 9 tile restriction gets a little tight after a while, so even if you only need 12 or 13, the mod is still incredibly useful.

Oh and there's a mod to enable achievements with mods too, if you're okay with "cheating" a bit to get there. Tongue Finna

As of right now, only a small one for toggling the fog.

I also used to use a street name one, before that functionality was added into vanilla.
(April 24th, 2020 at 9:36 PM)Kyng Wrote: As of right now, only a small one for toggling the fog.

I also used to use a street name one, before that functionality was added into vanilla.

Nice, pretty closed to vanilla I see! 

Ever tried TPME? It adds features for managing traffic by controlling certain lane switches and traffic rules. It's a godsend that fixes a lot of issues in the game without being unrealistic. It also fixes the issue with all of the CIMs using only one lane on a highway and jamming it.

(April 24th, 2020 at 10:17 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(April 24th, 2020 at 9:36 PM)Kyng Wrote: As of right now, only a small one for toggling the fog.

Nice, pretty closed to vanilla I see! 

Ever tried TPME? It adds features for managing traffic by controlling certain lane switches and traffic rules. It's a godsend that fixes a lot of issues in the game without being unrealistic. It also fixes the issue with all of the CIMs using only one lane on a highway and jamming it.
No, I haven't. I'll have to look into it, though - so, thanks for the recommendation Smile !

I'll have to look into using more "quality of life" mods like that, though. Vanilla is great as it is, but it does have quite a lot of little annoyances like that...
If I wanted to be sure I would have to open Cities: Skylines, but for now here is a list of what I remember:
  • Road Anarchy
  • Traffic Manager: President Edition
  • Network Extensions
  • Harmony (a dependency)
  • Population Rebalancer
  • Lifecycle Rebalancer
  • No More Purple Pollution
  • 81 Tiles
  • Tides

IMO, I would say that TM:PE combined with Network Extensions is the closest thing that cities: skylines has to the NAM in terms of functionality, although they need to do less because I think the road types and traffic system of Skylines are more fleshed out than SC4, even with the rush hour expansion.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cities: Skylines II Announced Guardian 3 1,533 April 23rd, 2023 at 6:09 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Cities Skylines Financial Districts DLC Darth-Apple 4 2,514 January 2nd, 2023 at 8:40 PM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Screenshots from Cities:Skylines Acko 39 37,566 February 24th, 2021 at 10:51 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  Interstates in Cities:Skylines Darth-Apple 13 5,932 December 13th, 2020 at 7:01 AM
Last Post: tc4me