Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fediverse makestation?

(May 3rd, 2024 at 2:49 AM)Thomas Wrote: sounds too ambitious given the user base we have here. Forums / other communities certainly aren't growing. The internet has centralized around services like Facebook and Reddit. No matter what you do, it won't compete with the likes of those.

That's not the point. given how quiet it is now here at makestation it's actually a perfect time to try something. reddit lost a ton of users to Lemmy. facebook is losing anyone born after about 2000 pretty fast. and twitter is losing people to mastodon.

I won't even implement it until I'm certain it's functional. so here's the deal. Darth and I tried several approaches to replace mybb with something better. including wordpress and Xenforo. but nothing really came of it. What's nice about hubzilla though is how it integrates with stuff I already know works. and it provides a core to expand over time into the very ideas Darth and I talked about with build logs. personal pages for users. even a wiki for posting tutorials for stuff.

It's perfectly suited to make that makestation but better dream a reality.

Is it ambitious? sure. incredibly so. But how many forums let alone mybb ones have actually made the jump into the fediverse?
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Fediverse makestation? - by SpookyZalost - May 2nd, 2024 at 3:08 PM
RE: Fediverse makestation? - by Thomas - May 3rd, 2024 at 2:49 AM
RE: Fediverse makestation? - by SpookyZalost - May 3rd, 2024 at 2:35 PM