Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Land Of Skyrim

[This gameplay journal may contain occasional mild or moderate blood & gore scenes and slightly mature content in the plot.]
[br]

I first became aware of a very severe, sharp pain in my head. Second to that was the high pitched ringing sound in my ears. For a minute or two I was unable to move, it seemed as if I was paralyzed or I was in shock. I slowly opened my eyes as direct sunlight streamed in to enhance this terrible headache. However, my eyes quickly adjusted. Next, I sat up and my headache seemed to quickly diminish. Aside from that, I had cuts, scrapes, and bruises in various places and was sore all over. But I managed to gain enough strength back to stand up. I noticed everything around me was on fire - structures barely stood and boards of wood were scattered about. It was a disaster.

[Image: 1.jpg]

After walking around some I managed to discover one of the village's gates.

[Image: 2.jpg]

I recognized this place. I thought it was Helgen, but I checked the sign at the nearby cross roads to make sure. And sure enough, it was.

I left out of the north gate, instead. To my knowledge, the south gate lead to Falkreath. I didn't particularly care to go there. I wanted to make my way to more civilized parts of Skyrim.

Immediately after leaving, a massive mountain with a beautiful stone structure came into view. I've seen it before and have heard of it. The undead live within the mountain and its tombs. I couldn't put a name to it though. Perhaps I had a bit of amnesia. I knew where I was at and how to get around, I couldn't remember the names of some places though.

[Image: 3.jpg]

I followed a road down the base of the mountain that the village of Helgen was at. I came to a crossroads once again and followed the signs to Riverwood - I clearly remembered that Helgen was in the southern part of Skyrim. I would prefer to go north as the huge city of Whiterun wasn't too far away and Riverwood was approximately halfway between Helgen and Whiterun.

[Image: 4.jpg]

The road continued down the mountain. The stone structure continued getting closer and closer, yet nothing would jog my memory as to what it was called.

[Image: 5.jpg]

At one point I accidentally lost the road. I ended up approaching the entrance to mines, mines which I had never seen before, at least to my knowledge. As soon as I approached them, another Nord opened the doors and came out, drew his sword, and ran toward me.

Knowing there was no way to escape. I brought out my greatsword - it was very heavy but had a huge blade. His sword nearly landed in my side until I managed to block it just in time with my greatsword. Quickly and with great strength I lifted the massive sword and quickly landed it on my opponent's head. He was injured but still managed to attack me. While I was in great pain I landed my sword in his neck, instantly killing him.

As the adrenalin fizzled out the pain in my side from my opponent's attack returned, but I ignored the pain and proceeded.

[Image: 6.jpg]

[Image: 7.jpg]

Not even two minutes later, I heard rapid footsteps and then barking. Before I could even turn around I felt pain in my legs as the teeth of two wild and aggressive wolves sank their teeth into me.

[Image: 8.jpg]

I managed to escape their hold, and lifted my sword and instantly killed one of the dogs as the other grabbed my leg again, in the same spot. With a quick and strong attack to the dog's rear I severely injured him, enough to land my sword in the correct position to instantly kill him, which I did.

[Image: 9.jpg]

I felt dizzy as I started losing blood, but the injuries didn't appear to be life-threatening. I took some rags I was carrying, tightly wrapped them around my side and on my legs and the bleeding stopped shortly after.

Later on I noticed the bright sun beginning to sink behind the unknown mountain..

[Image: 10.jpg]

It was about 20 minutes later that I entered the village of Riverwood. I went into the Riverwood Trader, to find two people, a man and woman, arguing. Seemingly about theives and the man's unwillingness to do anything about it. I didn't quite get what they were talking about.

[Image: 12.jpg]

When the two noticed I had arrived, they immediately stopped and the woman went to a table inside the store and sat down. She yelled across the room at me, something about his "pig-headed father." I ignored the angry woman and asked the owner of the shop what had happened.

"Oh nothing in particular, just these theives.. they made off with a certain... artifact.. gold plated.. in the shape of a claw."

I didn't know what he was talking about, so I left it at that. I had 27 gold coins in my pocket, I spent 25 to purchase two loaves of bread and a slab of meat.

After leaving it began getting dark so I made my way to The Sleeping Giant Inn.

[Image: 13.jpg]
I only had two remaining gold coins, and the innkeeper requested 10 coins each night. Unable to afford that, she referred me to Riverwood's neighboring village. This was another place which I simply couldn't find the name for. Thankfully, it took only a few minutes to walk there, so I did.

[Image: 14.jpg]

[Image: 15.jpg]

The innkeeper there also requested too much coin, but she referred me to 3 small tents for poor travelers passing through the area. I slept in one.

[Image: 16.jpg]

The next morning I asked a resident of the village about a temporary home, because I needed to sort out what had happened immediately prior to Helgen being destroyed, as I wasn't quite sure. He lead me just outside of the village walls into a very small, abandoned house with a hay bed, small dresser, and empty storage chest. It overlooked Riverwood beneath it, and even though it was exposed to the cold, it would make a nice temporary place to stay before I left for Whiterun in a few days.

[Image: 17.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
The Land Of Skyrim - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 5th, 2013 at 1:10 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Acko - August 5th, 2013 at 1:19 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Darth-Apple - August 5th, 2013 at 1:22 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 5th, 2013 at 8:47 PM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Darth-Apple - August 6th, 2013 at 4:07 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 9th, 2013 at 2:10 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Darth-Apple - August 9th, 2013 at 6:55 PM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Acko - August 10th, 2013 at 2:19 AM
RE: The Land Of Skyrim - by Gmdykfuiygh66476 - August 10th, 2013 at 6:36 PM