Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

But who is guilty if an automatically driving car caused the accident?

Question 
If people are injured or killed in traffic, the person who caused them must be responsible. But who is guilty if an automatically driving car caused the accident? The traffic court day is looking for answers.

For automakers, designers and software programmers, things could become risky in the future. Because they may be held criminally responsible if automatically driving vehicles cause an accident with injuries. Because there is currently no concrete legal framework, the 57th German Traffic Court Conference (VGT) in Goslar deals with the issue.

For the experts, one thing is clear: drivers must not be held accountable if there is a crash in autonomous driving. According to the German Road Safety Council, they only have to bear criminal responsibility if they can control the automated system.

Automobile clubs demand clarity for vehicle drivers
The ADAC sees it similarly: Vehicle drivers should only be prosecuted if they have driven the vehicle themselves and have not followed the system's request to take control in time, says a spokesman.

[Image: autism4all.png]
[x] <= Drive in nail here for new display!

Messages In This Thread
But who is guilty if an automatically driving car caused the accident? - by tc4me - November 10th, 2020 at 6:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tesla's Self-Driving will run over a child on a school crosswalk tc4me 2 1,401 February 17th, 2023 at 6:11 AM
Last Post: tc4me
  Tesla's 'Full Self-Driving' Absolutely Cannot Handle Snow tc4me 3 1,748 January 8th, 2023 at 4:11 PM
Last Post: Guardian
  [Project] Watch a self-driving Roborace car drive directly into a wall tc4me 3 2,366 November 8th, 2020 at 6:20 PM
Last Post: SpookyZalost