Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Vintage throwback/remake consoles, tried them? looking forward to any?

Tongue well their controllers at least are bluetooth and work on said gaming rig lol.

I actually used emulators for a long time but I'd kept my genesis working since I was like... 3.

and when comparing the two I noticed minor things like in game music, occasional glitches, etc which the console did not have.

upon getting a super nintendo I noticed the same thing with the ZSNES emulator, and with my nes vs both NES emulators I tried.

it was from that point that I decided hardware > software/emulation. plus the controllers weren't the same which is why I learned how to make parallel to controller adapters for my old consoles.

having used both I can definitively say that actual hardware will always be superior. which is why I'm excited about analogue's systems especially because they do low level hardware emulation using FPGA's, it's the closest they'll get to actual hardware reproduction without getting sued by the companies.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own." - Adam Savage, Mythbusters
[Image: 5.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Vintage throwback/remake consoles, tried them? looking forward to any? - by SpookyZalost - March 22nd, 2019 at 4:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you own any handheld game consoles robertson123 2 31,874 September 2nd, 2019 at 3:30 PM
Last Post: Thomas
  How many games consoles do you own robertson123 21 25,324 May 11th, 2019 at 4:34 AM
Last Post: zoldos