Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Benchmark yourself

Background, not really needed and slightly NSFW in the sense it involves drugs.

Quote:So I took an unknown pill after lots of testing and acetone washing to try and figure out what the substance was. Didn't have a Marquis test kit on hand, only Ehrlich and Ehrlich only tests for an indole group which you may find in LSD, DMT, regular Serotonin, or Melatonin, a common over-the-counter sleep aid.

My conclusion was that it was either:
1. MDMA
2. Amphetamine
3. Methamphetamine.

I won't disclose which one it was, but it looked like an E404 without the actual lettering imprint, just the cross on one side, so probably a press of something being sold as Adderall IR to students. Needless to say, a study aid would be nice today for me to finish up some Chemistry homework and assignments because I have a midterm coming up on Monday.

So now that it's kicked in, although I don't feel any real physical mental effects, I decided to run some 'benchmarks' on myself with the help of TypeRacer and HumanBenchmark.

Try the tests here:
https://www.humanbenchmark.com/tests/reactiontime
https://play.typeracer.com/

Results:
Reaction time:
[Image: PfjqDJm.png]
(I was getting approx. 180-185 earlier when I ran some tests with a friend.)

Typing speed:
[Image: h2NRlZo.png]
For reference, the average adult typing speed is 41WPM, and I also tested this with the friend who's not the absolutely most tech-savvy guy, but he got dead on 40WPM. Checks out.
Also note: I don't regularly touch type while staring at the screen, I look at the keyboard (but still type with 8 fingers) so I actually managed to watch the screen this time.

I do these somewhat regularly, so I already have approximate control variables to test against:
  • My average reaction time is around 210 to 220ms which is slightly above average. I used to be quite the gamer back in the day, CSGO and the likes.
  • My average typing speed sits somewhere between 70-75WPM, which is still considerably above average but nothing compared to what I was getting now.

Post results.
I was perscribed ritalin some time back. I did something similar, and saw about a 10% improvement personally.

It makes me too jittery. I might have ADHD, but there's only so much I can do about it. Finna

[Image: kUUwUuD.png]

[Image: V0bOIKf.png]
[Image: userbar2.png]
2018 Makestation Member of the Year
July 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
December 2020 Makestation Member of the Month
2019 Makestation Member of the Year Nominee

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixing things yourself vs paying someone or replacing it. SpookyZalost 21 12,228 November 9th, 2019 at 2:21 AM
Last Post: SpookyZalost
  Do you consider yourself reserved? Darth-Apple 2 5,384 July 28th, 2014 at 3:05 PM
Last Post: Electric2Shock