Makestation
Any New Years Plans? - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Lifestyle (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+--- Thread: Any New Years Plans? (/showthread.php?tid=3735)

Any New Years Plans? - Darth-Apple - December 29th, 2022

Hello everyone, 

Personally, I love to travel on New Years, but I'm probably not going to be able to this year (having a few car troubles and things of the sort, might not be able to fit it in). I might go downtown and see what's around though. 

What are your new years plans? Do you have any traditions for new years, or have any new years resolutions you'd like to make for the upcoming year?

RE: Any New Years Plans? - Guardian - December 29th, 2022

We'll all be in bed by 11. Tongue

Haven't stayed up until midnight since our kids were born. 5 years now.

RE: Any New Years Plans? - tc4me - December 29th, 2022

We will be at home, Ben our Autist is falling asleep, but will try to wake him up for in the middle, he loves the fireworks in the village. I will see Fer View, fall asleep my wife and celebrate my big children 15 and 17 in the village in the village

RE: Any New Years Plans? - Megan - January 1st, 2023

Not much. We just light candles and incense and stay up late. The next day we just have. Nice turkey dinner.

RE: Any New Years Plans? - SpookyZalost - January 1st, 2023

nothing in the evening... besides working.

but tomorrow morning I'm going to see if the January 1st polar bear plunge is still a thing.

RE: Any New Years Plans? - Darth-Apple - January 1st, 2023

(January 1st, 2023 at 12:26 AM)Megan Wrote: Not much. We just light candles and incense and stay up late. The next day we just have. Nice turkey dinner.

Sounds fun!

RE: Any New Years Plans? - Kyng - January 2nd, 2023

Not really... I just watched the countdown and the fireworks show at midnight Tongue .

RE: Any New Years Plans? - Nebulous - January 2nd, 2023

Last night was cool I guess. Dropped my daughter off at her friends and then came back home. Watched TV and ate chinese food ...snacking on junk food a little bit after that. At midnight the neighborhood made a bunch of noise, sounded like gun shots too (hopefully just fireworks). A little after midnight the power goes out. I go to pick up my kid from her friends house and when I get back the power came back on which is good.

Anyway now its the 1st of January and I am not eating any more junk food or take-out. Going to do the low carb thing. Big Grin #NewYearsResoultion

RE: Any New Years Plans? - Guardian - January 2nd, 2023

(January 2nd, 2023 at 12:44 AM)Nebulous Wrote: At midnight the neighborhood made a bunch of noise, sounded like gun shots too (hopefully just fireworks).

A neighbor bought a DOZEN of the 1600 firecracker rolls and laid them along the street and set them off. I swear it went on for a good 12 minutes. THEIR neighbor's car got shot up.

RE: Any New Years Plans? - Darth-Apple - January 2nd, 2023

(January 2nd, 2023 at 6:47 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(January 2nd, 2023 at 12:44 AM)Nebulous Wrote: At midnight the neighborhood made a bunch of noise, sounded like gun shots too (hopefully just fireworks).

A neighbor bought a DOZEN of the 1600 firecracker rolls and laid them along the street and set them off. I swear it went on for a good 12 minutes. THEIR neighbor's car got shot up.

That sounds like an insurance nightmare  Undecided

RE: Any New Years Plans? - SpookyZalost - January 2nd, 2023

Unfortunately no polar plunge... there's too many "health concerns"...

RE: Any New Years Plans? - Nebulous - January 2nd, 2023

(January 2nd, 2023 at 6:47 PM)Guardian Wrote:

Yikes, how obnoxious!

RE: Any New Years Plans? - Under My Skin - January 3rd, 2023

My family and I used to do barbeque for the new year, but this year we got lazy and just went out and had a really nice dinner