Makestation
How has your life changed since the pandemic? - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Area 52 (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Lifestyle (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=130)
+--- Thread: How has your life changed since the pandemic? (/showthread.php?tid=3193)

How has your life changed since the pandemic? - Darth-Apple - October 28th, 2020

Personally, I'm having to get used to staying at home except for work. All classes are online. My friend group has shrunk dramatically. I live in the same apartment complex as my close friends (we follow each other and move to the same complex every year. It's tradition for us.) We always hang out in small groups on the weekends, and our group has become tight with a handful of people without any outsiders. We've been able to stay well and nobody has tested positive yet, so we've certainly been blessed.

Besides that, it's been a lot of extended quarantine. We pretty much never leave the house. Life has changed. In a way, I'm much less exhausted and I'm in better health. I'm getting sick much less and have more energy from resting much more. I've had more time to dedicate to programming/MyBB related projects, and have stayed in touch with friends electronically much more. 

The political situation in the US has made it difficult to stay on social media, so I've more or less been on it much less. All in all, I rest more, have a few close friends that I keep in touch with, and otherwise stay home and save up as much money as I can so that if I lose my job, I'll be okay. 

It's affected us all differently. Some are much harder hit than others, and all in all, this pandemic has cost a lot of lives, a lot of jobs, and a lot of livlihoods. It's dramatically changed the world as we know it. 

How has it affected you in your area/region/country?

RE: How has your life changed since the pandemic? - tc4me - October 28th, 2020

Here in Austria the situation is very, very bad again, the number of sick people is already increasing beyond limits. Hospitals are overcrowded, etc. But just like Darth-Apple, I and my children are absolutely healthy, less sick, rested. We haven't had any social contacts since the beginning of the year, don't bother me because I've never been and am a sociable guy. I have a lot of time for my son Ben, I try to further educate myself about autism, and Mybb and you here also fill my life a lot. I now come in the evening and very early in the morning to post, translate ... actually I enjoy you peace and quiet, and I am not annoyed by grandmother, Mother, Grandfather, sister, etc. ;-)

RE: How has your life changed since the pandemic? - Kyng - February 9th, 2021

Let's see:

• I work from home now. It's only until the pandemic is over, but I'm pretty much used to it now - and it'll be hard to go back to the office Tongue .
  • I barely leave the house any more. I went out a bit and saw my friends during summer (when cases got lower and we were opening up more), but now I'm back indoors for the most part.
  • I got back into model railways. Most of the money that would have been spent on going out has instead gone towards these, so I've added several new items to my collection.

Thought I should include at least one positive point!

RE: How has your life changed since the pandemic? - SpookyZalost - February 10th, 2021

I work from home...
I lost a lot of weight and have been getting in better shape.
I spent the last year learning some automotive repair and fixing up my jeep as well as studying for the A+ which I'm due to take in a couple weeks...

yeah the pandemic has not really affected me negatively lol.

RE: How has your life changed since the pandemic? - Guardian - February 10th, 2021

(February 10th, 2021 at 1:41 AM)SpookyZalost Wrote: I work from home...
I lost a lot of weight and have been getting in better shape.
I spent the last year learning some automotive repair and fixing up my jeep as well as studying for the A+ which I'm due to take in a couple weeks...

yeah the pandemic has not really affected me negatively lol.

That's great! If you're able to work from home, this should have been a good time! Productive if nothing else!