Makestation
Ask Kyng - Printable Version

+- Makestation (https://makestation.net)
+-- Forum: Makestation Community Related (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Community Related (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+---- Forum: AMA Zone (https://makestation.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=64)
+---- Thread: Ask Kyng (/showthread.php?tid=3055)

Ask Kyng - Kyng - June 14th, 2020

Go ahead and ask me questions Smile !

RE: Ask Kyng - Thomas - June 14th, 2020

Would you rather fight 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?

RE: Ask Kyng - Kyng - June 14th, 2020

I'll take the horse-sized duck. That sounds like it'd pose no threat to me, because it'd be a very cumbersome creature that would struggle to stand up straight Tongue .

(The problem with the horse-sized duck, or any oversized fantasy creature, is that it falls foul of the Square-Cube Law. To give an example: if we imagine "a superhuman that is 10 times the size of a regular human", then it'll have 1000 times the mass of a regular human, but only 100 times the muscular strength. Therefore, the superhuman will have only one-tenth of the power-to-weight ratio of a regular human, so it won't be able to do many of the things that a regular human can)

RE: Ask Kyng - Darth-Apple - June 14th, 2020

(June 14th, 2020 at 4:06 PM)Kyng Wrote: I'll take the horse-sized duck. That sounds like it'd pose no threat to me, because it'd be a very cumbersome creature that would struggle to stand up straight Tongue .

(The problem with the horse-sized duck, or any oversized fantasy creature, is that it falls foul of the Square-Cube Law. To give an example: if we imagine "a superhuman that is 10 times the size of a regular human", then it'll have 1000 times the mass of a regular human, but only 100 times the muscular strength. Therefore, the superhuman will have only one-tenth of the power-to-weight ratio of a regular human, so it won't be able to do many of the things that a regular human can)

Never thought of it like this before. Tongue

Would you rather drive a restored classic car or a luxury sedan?

RE: Ask Kyng - Thomas - June 15th, 2020

What's the meaning of this?

RE: Ask Kyng - Kyng - June 17th, 2020

(June 14th, 2020 at 4:20 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote:
(June 14th, 2020 at 4:06 PM)Kyng Wrote: I'll take the horse-sized duck. That sounds like it'd pose no threat to me, because it'd be a very cumbersome creature that would struggle to stand up straight Tongue .

Never thought of it like this before. Tongue

Would you rather drive a restored classic car or a luxury sedan?

The luxury sedan.

I'd be too afraid of crashing the restored classic, and wasting the effort of all the volunteers who invested a lot of time into restoring it :'( . 

(June 15th, 2020 at 2:09 AM)Thomas Wrote: What's the meaning of this?

It is a word used to indicate the specific thing that has just been mentioned. (For example, after mentioning your question, I could go on to talk about "this question" Tongue )

RE: Ask Kyng - campingrhino - June 17th, 2020

Is it stormy where you are? I'm also in the UK and genuinely staggered by the amount of thunder and lightning this week.

RE: Ask Kyng - Kyng - June 20th, 2020

(June 17th, 2020 at 5:55 PM)campingrhino Wrote: Is it stormy where you are? I'm also in the UK and genuinely staggered by the amount of thunder and lightning this week.
It was on the day you asked the question, yes.

Fortunately, things have calmed down since then Tongue .

RE: Ask Kyng - Darth-Apple - June 24th, 2020

How often does it storm in the UK? Do you guys more or less get rain on a daily basis?

RE: Ask Kyng - Kyng - June 25th, 2020

(June 24th, 2020 at 9:37 PM)Darth-Apple Wrote: How often does it storm in the UK? Do you guys more or less get rain on a daily basis?

Well, we get a lot of rain, but not that many storms (I think there are more in Scotland than here in England). 

Actually, that's one of the things I quite like about living in the UK. It's fashionable to complain about the weather (which is often grey and miserable); however, we have very little of the extreme weather that often affects other countries (we don't have to worry about hurricanes, for example)