Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[software development] File exchange software

Alright, I'm currently in the process of experimenting with moving the settings to the DB based system over the flat file system. I imagine I'll keep the flat file API (might be useful at some point) but it's a real pain once you start adding a bunch of settings in.

Currently I have no plans for a DB-based API. I'm going straight in and literally coding every single setting individually. Bleh, this isn't going to be fun. Tongue We'll see if this turns out to be any easier.

Probably the hardest part about coding this so far is the lack of a good API to use. I've experimented with different APIs, and even have a DB API that I was using, which I've decided against continuing to use. This will be a lot of cleanup... and the code still lacks a good localization system, templates, etc...

Basically, I'm trying to get it fully functional first. After that, I'll focus on figuring out what I'm doing for templates, plugins, etc... As this is my first major, full scale project, I'm pretty much learning as I go.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by lookforuu - September 20th, 2013 at 6:34 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 29th, 2014 at 7:49 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Darth-Apple - January 29th, 2014 at 8:41 PM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by Acko - January 31st, 2014 at 12:02 AM
RE: [software development] File exchange software - by brian51 - February 18th, 2014 at 1:20 AM